The most heavy duty brush hog

/ The most heavy duty brush hog #11  
My Cimarron 6 ft brush hog is rated for 85 HP and has a slip clutch rather than a shear bolt. It is pretty HD and I cut trees with it up to 4-5 inches at times. I am HP limited as I only have 39 PTO HP. I have been abusing this unit for 6 years and so far have changed out the blades once because one cracked in two and had to do a little welding due to damage from backing up into trees at ramming speed, using it like a bull dozer. A little welding and reinforcing and it is now stronger than ever.

I have TNT and between the hydraulic top lift and the 3PH I raise the mower way up at maybe 45 degrees and back into trees, lowering the mower slowly and eating it down to the ground, leaving a shattered stump that looks like a thousand toothpicks. Some times it shakes the whole tractor pretty good and sometimes kills the engine but it has never hurt the gearbox or other parts of the cutter. The damage to the cutter that required repair was backing into trees with the mower down and level at way too fast of speeds for "sane" purposes.

Edney Distributing Co., Inc. :: Farm Equipment Products Catalog Online

Pat

/ The most heavy duty brush hog #12  
Heaviest duty in my book - Alamo isn't bad, but take a look into Loftness and Seppi. Both have models that will do 6-8" material with ease.

For working with skid steers, both generally have to have an oil cooler for handling continuous duty work.