the most important thing in the shop when working on projects

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #11  
When I need something at Lowes, I like to browse the hardware isle and pick up little bolts and washers and pins, and anything else that looks interesting, that I might use someday. When my wife complains, I just remind her of all the make up she has sitting on the dresser she never uses.

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #12  
I find that the thing that makes the bent nail can really work is the sorting tray:

Easy Sorter Funnel Tray

When you're looking for that 99/128" left-hand thread bolt or whatever, pour a bunch of junk into the tray, sift through it, pour it back in the can. Otherwise you spend all day picking up pieces and putting them away.

For three bucks, you can't go wrong.

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #13  
Microwave, Refrigerator and a sorting tray. I have several trays that were used in film developing darkrooms.

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #14  
Always seems like after you buy what you need you find what you were looking for,sometimes it's just as easy to bite the bullet and buy new. I've looked for hours,days and 4 weeks for stuff I knew I had.I had bought a PTO overriding clutch and needed it to extend a PTO 4 weeks looked I had put it in a safe place,turned the shop upside down looking then was sitting thinking one day and looked at a pile of hydraulic stuff and said to myself it can't be there but I'l check sure enough lifted up a cover and ther she was,ever feel stupid??

whitepine2

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #15  
I find that the thing that makes the bent nail can really work is the sorting tray:

Easy Sorter Funnel Tray

When you're looking for that 99/128" left-hand thread bolt or whatever, pour a bunch of junk into the tray, sift through it, pour it back in the can. Otherwise you spend all day picking up pieces and putting them away.

For three bucks, you can't go wrong.

HF also sells for about $6 a quick release magnet that comes in handy to replace stuff,it also works when we drop that mason jar full of stuff as it leaves the glass no bending over can be used for finding that nut dropped in grass or floor that you can't find.

Whitepine2 again

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #16  
GOOD lighting.... and a great FM Stereo & station to listen to .....

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #18  
I had a few containers like that when I cleaned out my grandmothers garage before we sold her house. I now have most seperated into different containers.
I find that the most important thing when working on projects is to "Put the Tool Back" where it belongs. If I did this more I would not spend so much time looking for "lost" tools.

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #19  
An organized tool box, a radio and a cold beverage.:D

Dave

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #20  
Have an old file cabinet for inventory cards that is filled with all sorts of hardware. Its my go to spot when I start a project or need a piece of hardware, loose a screw, nut, washer etc. Seems that I can always justify buying a couple of these and those for my hardware collection by figuring that HD, Lowes, HF is sixteen miles away and at 15Mpg in the truck if I spend $8 or less on extra stuff I am ahead of the game if it saves me a trip to the store. With the price of gas seems that I am always calculating how much a trip costs in my head, grocery store three bucks, hardware store eight, gas station two bucks, post office four bucks makes me try harder to combine my trips.