The new Fusion Gator Blades 60"

/ The new Fusion Gator Blades 60" #1  

DiezNutz

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030-HSD-F
Anybody running these yet? These are the newer ones with Fusion edges (p/n 490-987 vs. the original 90-987). Anybody used both and noticed a real difference between the two in sharpening needs, or other? Mine have been on B/O now from Mowpart for 3 weeks. :( I have Fusion's on a couple of other mowers, like 'em, so I figured for an extra $2.50 per blade you couldn't go wrong with these. $40.02 for the set of 3. Anything's gotta be better than the stock low-lift blades on the 60" MMM... $2000+ mower and they put their ho-hum blades on it, go figure.

/ The new Fusion Gator Blades 60" #2  
I must have hi-lift blades on the 60" MMM on my B3030 because I bought a set of Gatorblades and didn't like them. They bunch up the grass that comes out whereas the stock blades spread it evenly. I heard so much about Gatorblades that I had to try them but, I found them to be inferior to the stock Kubota blades. Anyone want to buy a slightly used set?

/ The new Fusion Gator Blades 60" #3  
Early this spring, the Fusions were B/O when I ordered mine also, so I got the regular Gators. My "yard" is about 6 acres, and I usually mow most of it with the 60" MMM about once a week, last time I looked at them they were hardly worn. If the Fusions last anything like the regular Gators, I'd only have to sharpen once a year or so, of course I have a "yard" and not a "lawn", so I'm not overly critical on the cut.
I emailed the tech support people at Oregon, about not making blades for our mowers. They said they would try to put that on the list for 2008. Everyone may want to let them know there is a large number of us having to use spacers to make their blades work.

/ The new Fusion Gator Blades 60"
mozark, how do you like the cut compared to the stock blades? I assume that you have a BX (which is why you need the bushings)? The only difference with the Fusion blade is a high-tech hardening process for the edge, otherwise same design. The Fusions I have on my other mowers aren't Gator style, but they do hold a nice edge even after hitting rocks and limbs. I couldn't tell you if they really stay twice as sharp though.
Fusion® Lawn Mower Blades by Oregon®

There seem to be alot of people in general that swear by the Gator blades, but like with alot of things it depends on your application and the type/conditions of grass as to what results you get. That could explain why Toolguy was less than enchanted with them.

/ The new Fusion Gator Blades 60" #5  
Toolguy said:
I must have hi-lift blades on the 60" MMM on my B3030 because I bought a set of Gatorblades and didn't like them.

I sell them from time to time. I've heard more bad things than good, but people usually complain more than they compliment things.

/ The new Fusion Gator Blades 60" #6  
MessickFarmEqu said:
I sell them from time to time. I've heard more bad things than good, but people usually complain more than they compliment things.

Neil,

Any high lift options or mulching kits in the pipeline for my B3030 72"MMM? RC72-30B if IIRC. Cut quality is good w/ the stock blades, but clipping dispersal leaves a little to be desired.

hazmat said:
Cut quality is good w/ the stock blades, but clipping dispersal leaves a little to be desired.
That's my main "nit", along with the grass run over by the front tires not getting sucked up by the low-lifts, then you get rooster tails. Don't get me wrong, it cuts good...but not great.

/ The new Fusion Gator Blades 60" #8  
I don't know how they compare to the stock blades, I got my BX last fall and put the Gators on before the mowing season started this spring. I put a set on my Scotts rider at the same time and I like them on it a lot. The grass does't seem to stick on the inside of the mower deck like it did with the old blades, even when wet, and it doesn't leave as many stems, etc sticking up after you mow. Grass doesn't build up in BX either.

/ The new Fusion Gator Blades 60" #9  
I do not have any experience with gator blades but the original equipment blades on my 1993 60" MMM are definately high lift. This mower mows better than any mower that I have used and discharges the clippings very well.

SDT

SDT said:
I do not have any experience with gator blades but the original equipment blades on my 1993 60" MMM are definately high lift. This mower mows better than any mower that I have used and discharges the clippings very well.
Hmmm... what model tractor is your 60" MMM on? Mine are definitely std lift. I wonder if it varies with MMM models/vintage. No doubt yours work great.