The new HP Gators are here.

/ The new HP Gators are here. #1  

Tractors4u

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger
Back in September when I bought my 6X4 Gator the was that the new Gators wouldn not be out until next year. I heard anywhere from MArch until July. I told myself that it was too long to wait and they would probably be $10K. We today as I drove by a local Deere dealership I spotted 2 new 2004 High Performance Gators. And as Gomer Pyle would say, they are nice, real nice.
Here are a few observations:

They look great, kind of a mini truck appearance. These were 4WD, and had low and high range. The tires were not the standard knobby or heavy duty ATV tire offered on the standard Gator. These had an almost tractor tread to them. Built in cup holders! The dump bed on the standard Gators will give you a hernia trying to dump them empty. The geometry of these are better. The bed manually dumps easily. It seems more balanced. Now realize this was an empty bed. I added the power dump to mine. Speaking of, these did not have the power dump but it appeared that there were 2 points for lift cylinders or linear actuators. Sounds sturdier with more lift capacity. The bed appears to be larger, I didn't measure it though. The tail gate still has the same tailgate release mechanism. There is nothing wrong with it, but I expected a change though. The rear suspension of the HP Gator is a trailing arm suspension like those found on an ATV. In this case the entire engine and tranny go up and down. The price they had on these two were $7995. Now I wish I had waited. I sold some stock at $3.42 per share that is now at $4.75 a share to pay for my Gator. I paid $.41 per share in June for it. Attached are some pictures of the machine.

Attachments

• 353822-New Gator Front.jpg
    353822-New Gator Front.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 629
   / The new HP Gators are here.
Side view

Attachments

• 353823-New Gator Side.jpg
    353823-New Gator Side.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 523
Dash board

Attachments

• 353825-New Gator Dash.jpg
    353825-New Gator Dash.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 556
Engine

Attachments

• 353826-New Gator Engine.jpg
    353826-New Gator Engine.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 665
Rear end

Attachments

• 353828-New Gator Rear.jpg
    353828-New Gator Rear.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 414
   / The new HP Gators are here. #6  
Nice pictures. I can't wait till we get them in. Also your JD store has the new logo on the sign. Is it a new dealership or just the new sign?

Just a new sign.

/ The new HP Gators are here. #8  
I see they are still using a belt drive system instead of going to a direct like Kubota's new vehicle. Who's engine are they using Kawasaki's?

The engine still appears to be the Kawasaki.

/ The new HP Gators are here. #10  
We got a new E-gator at work the other day.. one of the first off the line no word on performance. The other ones are real work horses tho..

Theres also a compact version of the gator coming out also.. more versions to come in next 6 month i believe..