the posability of converting to a detachable bucket,

/ the posability of converting to a detachable bucket, #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
Has anyone ever converted a none removable FEL bucket to that of a removable one? due to the recent experiance Ive had with removing the so called "easy" quick FEL connect system, I fount it not so easy and not so quick to drop and unload the FEL, My next thought were to if some how could convert the FEL arms to some sort of a remvable bucket system? this would at least allow me to drop the bucket and have a better visual out in front of the tractor of what I'm doing, also to drop the amount of weight the bucket would be.... I can do a certain amount of welding myself, and would certainly be easier if someone else has done this and could guide me through the things I would need?
here is what I have, can anyone see a way to covert this?

Last edited:
   / the posability of converting to a detachable bucket, #2  
Doesnt Buhler make a Skid Steer QA for their loader? That would be the quickest and best way. You would have to have your std bucket modified with a SS attachment plate. Buhler makes buckets with them already on, but it would save money to modify yours. With the QA you will be able to remove whatever implement you are using to shed weight, or change to another quickly.
larry

/ the posability of converting to a detachable bucket, #3  
Deep Check out the JD's There is one on the 5103 I use that you don't even have to get out of the seat to remove or put it back on if you line it up just Right. IMO Not much to it. I'll be on it this Eve so I can snap a couple of pics. of the Setup with my Camera phone which I hardly ever do so I guess it would be good for me also to remember how to send them or download them if Pos. Still CRS :confused2: but getting better. Let me Know.

Carey

/ the posability of converting to a detachable bucket, #5  
   / the posability of converting to a detachable bucket, #7  
1st choice should be to go with Buhler. Other company adaptations are seldom specific and the ones Iv seen will set the bucket further forward than the OEM item. Usually you dont want it extended any more than it has to be. OEMs keep it down to an inch or so. Adaptations to their product are usually 3" or more extension.
larry

/ the posability of converting to a detachable bucket, #8  
If you can find or build this type for your loader it would be the simplest way to go, no bucket mods. Basically it pins on your loader just like the bucket would , then you insert the two top pins in your bucket, the adapters hook into the top pins and then when you roll the bucket back the bottom holes line up and you slip in the bottom pins. This happen s to be on a Kubota but this type would work for you also. But as stated above the further you move the bucket out the more lift capacity you lose.

137695d1250636016-pics-my-la504-loader-quick-qa1.jpg

Another way to go is a uni hitch setup, just pins on both your loader and your bucket.

UNI-HITCHs.jpg

Kascomfg.com website

/ the posability of converting to a detachable bucket,
all good suggestions and I like the ease of the factory built aftermarket QA systems, really looks like would make things simple, although not sure how much more weight I'd be adding when using all the brackets etc, compared to how much weight I would loose from the ability to remove the bucket verses weight gain in using the aftermarket QA systems, I wasn't thinking about the fact of while having both bucket and QA system would ad more un-needed lbs. to the front of the tractor, anyone know approx how much one of these system weighs? I think the one countrybumpkin post might be the lesser of weight?

/ the posability of converting to a detachable bucket, #10  
Looks like you have a Buhler/Allied 195 FEL. This doco reads:

Farm King - Front-End Loaders

The bucket quick attach is a standard feature on the 95 Series (model 495 and larger) and is optional on smaller models.