Oil & Fuel the price of diesel

/ the price of diesel #21  
I work for a oil company and yes prices at the whole sale level (Gulf Coast Lows) have been dropping on all grades the problem in many areas with deisel is lack of supply. My company which refines its own is having to buy of the racks to keep our stations supplied. We were informed of the situation but no explanation, I kind of thought it may have something to do with the Iraq situation I suspect many of the trucks used by the military run deisel. Hope that helps. Good news for consumers price should continue to drop over the next couple of weeks as the conflict in Irac improve. Gasoline markets work just like the stock market more on perception of what will happen rather than what is currently happening.

/ the price of diesel #22  
CTyler
I just checked with my supplier this morning and off road diesel was $1.16 a gallon. This is up two cents from two days ago. They expect it to go down this spring, but do not know how much. I was paying 80 cents a gallon last summer, I don't think we will ever see it that cheap again.

/ the price of diesel #23  
again i ask the question? why is bird able to buy gas at that price where up here it is at about $1.69 if u really look, most stations are at $1.72. i am really confused and feel like i am getting ripped off /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ the price of diesel #24  
Hey Frank -
Must be all the oil wells in TX and it costs a lot to pump it uphill to Buffalo. Just be glad you're not feeding that F15! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ the price of diesel
"Around here, Thursday is usually the lowest price day to buy gas. It usually goes up Friday morning"

That's interesting. Here, the price jumps on Thursdays. It's been doing that for years. So, I buy on Wednesday or early Thursday morning. I filled up yesterday morning for $1.36 and now it's $1.56! If it follows the same pattern, it will drop about 5 cents every other day and should be back to around $1.40 or less by next Wednesday. That's for gas. Diesel usually does the same thing, but not the last month, it just stays high. The "heating oil" theory makes sense.

/ the price of diesel #26  
Here is Southeast Minnesota, unleaded $1.36 and Diesel $1.56. I have never seen Diesel higher than unleaded regular.

murph

/ the price of diesel #27  
Around here diesel is at least .40 cents a gallon more that gas and I am not talking about premium either...

/ the price of diesel #28  
I don't think anyone will ever really understand gasoline and diesel prices. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I went to get my pickup washed this morning and the service stations in the area for the most part have regular gas at $1.489, although I noticed on Conoco that was $1.479. Now in the past, the big car wash place has always had their gas (Texaco) 2 or 3 cents a gallon cheaper than the other service stations in the area. So you can imagine my surprise today when I found their price on regular gas was $1.659. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ the price of diesel #29  
<font color="blue"> "Thursday is usually the lowest price day to buy gas. It usually goes up Friday morning." </font>

And it did! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The same places today were a nickel higher on diesel and eight cents higher on gasoline. They're taking advantage of people who wait until they get their check on Friday to buy their gas. Of course, another way to look at it is that they're rewarding those who don't wait until the weekend to buy their gas. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ the price of diesel #30  
Thing must be slow to react around here: Diesel - $1.79, Regular - $1.54.