The rock of the day.

/ The rock of the day. #1  

vtsnowedin

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 5045E
As I'm mowing/brush hogging my fields I come against protruding rocks that have been annoying me for years. I actually had some of the fields memorized back in the day and knew where each rock was when I was mowing with a team of horses. Now that I have the JD it really torques me if I forget where one is and rattle the cutter on it so I decided that each time I mow a field I'd try to pop out one or two of the offenders and get rid of the problem. Well today I managed to , between rain storms , clip back what is now daughter #2s field and took a shot at a couple of them. One was a nogo as it speaks Chinese from having it's other end come up in Tiananmen square but the other popped right out and won't be bothering me any more. So that it really happened here are the pics. :D

/ The rock of the day. #2  
I try to bury the tops of my Chinese rocks, or let brush grow around them for indicators.

Bruce

/ The rock of the day.
Ayup!! I put a full bucket of dirt on the low side of that one today. Might need a couple more to get it acceptable if I don't resort to dynamite.

/ The rock of the day. #4  
That is a nice sized rock. Seeing it makes me want to go look for some to dig up. I used to have a lot of them like that, but since I got my backhoe, I have been digging them up everytime I see one. I have one of those Chinese ones also that a track mounted rock drill and a couple of tons of AMFO just might break down enough to move it, but having neither of those options, I had to just cover it up. Getting rid of those mower breakers is the ultimate high when using tractors.

/ The rock of the day.
That is a nice sized rock.
Just right, I could pick it up without the rears getting light with just the cutter on. I pulled one a couple of weeks ago (no camera handy so it didn't happen.:thumbdown:) that was four feet by four feet by two feet thick. That one the loader wouldn't pick but I could get the bucket under it and push it right along over the grass. It's well out in the woods now.

/ The rock of the day. #6  
WOW that's a dandy rock.Hit one about half that size roto-tilling my garden with my 3pt tiller stopped my tractor dead nuts cold I thought I broke something.Scooped it out with my front loader and all was well.coobie

/ The rock of the day.
WOW that's a dandy rock.Hit one about half that size roto-tilling my garden with my 3pt tiller stopped my tractor dead nuts cold I thought I broke something.Scooped it out with my front loader and all was well.coobie
Your lucky your roto-tiller didn't need some dental work.

/ The rock of the day. #8  
Your lucky your roto-tiller didn't need some dental work.
I was nervous as heck thought I broke something BIG time.Glad it started back up with no damage.coobie

/ The rock of the day. #10  
So where are you going to put it?

Rocks are getting scarce don't cha know.

I've got quite a store of them put away for hard times. Value can only go up.

There will never be a market for stone though, that goes all the way to the center of the earth...

Try not to break anything, that looks heavy ;-)