The rock of the day.

/ The rock of the day. #11  
My b-i-l has a cabin about 16 miles west of Crazy Horse in the Hills. He had a parking area put in a couple years ago. They were trying to get the drainage right and he still wasn't real happy about it. So the guy that put it in took him to the lowest corner and pointed down at about a 6 inch rock. (He builds roads for a living.) He said, "You see that rock? I couldn't even wiggle it with my excavator. That's why your parking area is built the way it is."

I daresay, it must be Chinese also. :)

/ The rock of the day. #12  
They sell rocks like this for landscaping in Cincinnati. That's about a $200.00 rock that you have there.

/ The rock of the day.
QUOTE=CalG;3372751]So where are you going to put it?

Rocks are getting scarce don't cha know.

I've got quite a store of them put away for hard times. Value can only go up.

There will never be a market for stone though, that goes all the way to the center of the earth...

Try not to break anything, that looks heavy ;-)[/QUOTE]

It's sitting on top of an old stone wall now near a deer run. It will make a good seat or back rest come fall. There is no scarcity of rocks here so if I actually had a market I'd be well off.
There will never be a market for stone though,
Don't tell that to the Barre VT granite workers that have been making a living off the same stone outcrop for two hundred years.:thumbs up:
A mans got to know his (and his tractors) limitations. When the relief valve sings you're done. The loader rates at 4000 pounds of lift and that rock probably weights close to that, perhaps 3500. I carried it very close to the ground and picked my route very carefully on the way to the stone wall traveling about four hundred feet to move it just a hundred from it's hole.

/ The rock of the day. #15  
They sell rocks like this for landscaping in Cincinnati. That's about a $200.00 rock that you have there.

About 15 years ago, the large blue computer company I work for (for 1 more week) sold off about 50 acres of property for a mall. They took the proceeds and decided to spiff up the place in many areas. The landscaping company came in and built rocks out of chicken wire and paper mache. I kid you not. These rocks are scattered all over the site and many of them are 3 feet across or more. I watched them do this, so I knew it was true. I told a newer employee this and he laughed at me. As luck would have it, a mower sent something through the side of one of the rocks, leaving a 3-4 inch hole. Needless to say, I pointed the hole out and he apologized.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet