The saga continues...

/ The saga continues... #11  
CHIP & John said it FOAM is from INTAKE / SUCTION side of the pump NOTHING in the PRESSURE side will cause it to foam up as they stated foam is from air getting into the suction side of the HYD pump.

trouble shooting stuff:::

leaks in o-ring under the pump seal, and or in the HYD screen inside the tank is biggest culprits as well as once it starts foaming it quickly displaces the oil inside the hyd tank which then starts sucking more air/foam into the pump which will fully foam up the system, once the problem has started getting it stopped is big issue.

doo following: start & let it idle repeat only at idle

1. get a hose that will fit over the hyd breather tube, long enough to reach into a bucket at seat level. fill up the hyd tank fully to pretty much over flow height, put in the cap/breather plug with hose on, and put the hose into the bucket/can, start tractor leaving it idle and catch the over flow of foam. as it starts filling the bucket make sure there is not dumping so much that the thing will start to re-suck in the foam.

2. SLOWLY move the hyd controls , (FEL, Steering & 3 pt up down left right ect.watching the foam issues & making sure it is not foaming so bad as to loose the volume of extra hyd oil in the tank. if it does foam out watch how much by the level in the bucket/can as the level in the tank will/can drop quickly as the foam works it way OUT of the hyd cylinders & 3pt hitch lines ect. stop & keep the hyd resivior full as needed.

if you notice no or little foam that is a good thing if it starts foaming out really bad right away then you KNOW you have a problem in the suction side of the pump system. (may be cracked solid line bad o-ring, loose line/hose connection at the pump or the suction strainer fell off inside the hyd tank) (though you said you removed & cleaned that. so I doupt it is bad.)

the last thing is that it is sucking air through the pump seals which I have not heard of but could happen IF there was a plugged up line/strainer but usually the seals will blow OUT loosing hyd fluid not suck in air...

anyhow if there was a leak else where (cylinder seal say) it would simply loose fluid out there or bypas the seal and back into the hyd tank...

if it does not foam after moving the system through it paces 3~4 full cycles then stop & check the fluid level if the fluid level is going down be sure to check the engine oil level as well as the trans fluid level as the hyd system can leak oil into those two places and then the level drops and you suck air... a blown pump sela will dump hyd oil into the engine and a bad gasket could let hyd oil leak down into the rear trans sump.

after trying these post back to see how it is going.

mark M

/ The saga continues...
Saga complete! Back in business.

It was just the O-Ring on the suction side. I ordered a pump just in case so now I have a spare.

Found out something nice. Working on the machine yourself doesn't void the warranty and FailSafe will reimburse you for the parts if you fax them the receipt - Sweet!

Thanks