The shortest day

/ The shortest day #1  

1948berg

Gold Member
Tractor
A Fergie-MF 35 gas- Mf 165- Mf 6161- Unimog- Fiat 880
Living this far north, it always gives a pleasure to know that the sun has "turned", and that we are going for longer days. December 22. at 06.08 is the moment.
Today the sun is up between 10.35 and 4.41

Summer is coming before you know it!

Lots of people still believe that you can make an egg balance on the end at that moment!

/ The shortest day #2  
I guess during this time of year a "unwanted individual" would not have much time when the sheriff said; "get out of town before sundown!":)

But Santa does have a little longer night to get the job done.:D

Merry Christmas to Your way in Norway!

/ The shortest day #3  
Gunner, with only 6 hours and 6 minute days how can you get anything done? I also look forward to this turnaround day, finally the (Texas) day light will lengthen from todays 10 hours and 11 minutes to June 21 day of 14 hours 6 minutes! Thanks for the reminder.:)

/ The shortest day #4  
Gunnar, What Lat/Lon are you at. I'm about 37 x 76.5 deg. Wow, sun doesn't rise until 10am.

/ The shortest day #5  
Actually I wondered in the summer when does the sun go down?

I haven't traveled all that much but in the tropics on my honeymoon I was shocked to know the sun goes up and down about 6:30am and pm almost year round. Strange

I call my dad in Fla and he tells me he's golfing at 5pm where in NY it's pitch dark.

/ The shortest day #6  
Gunner, you are in southern Norway, so you get lots of sun. We have relatives north of Mosjeon and they get even less. But you are very correct - the world is turning.

We built a passive solar home 3 winters ago and still have not been able to get a photo of the sun coming in the windows on Dec 21 (has always been cloudy). Today we have heavy fog and it doesn't look better until the snow storm sets in Saturday evening.

Thanks for reminding all of us that winter can't hold on forever.

Gud Jul (is that the way you say it?)