Spreader The Stablers Rotary Manure Spreader

/ The Stablers Rotary Manure Spreader #11  
Hi Peppilappu
Thanks for the update on this,I have really appreciated your input in this discussion.
Being in the UK, I'm aware of a similar product being made here, but there are little things that just just don't 'feel' right about it, if you know what I mean?
For instance - no warranty-testimonials are from the US site-no real reviews on either machine on the internet - apart from here!
Anyway, I wondered if you'd be willing to give a little more information regarding the gauge etc of the metal you used, and maybe tell us all if it works well now that you've re-modeled yours?

Thanks for your time:)
Jean

/ The Stablers Rotary Manure Spreader #12  
Jean:
After so many issues with this product, as an Electrical, Mechanical engineer and 4 patent holder (including Red Box Video) I decided to finally just build a better product. So today I ordered all the parts to build a prototype. Unlike competitors claims, this product will truly only have 2 (TWO) moving parts. No tires, no bearings to rot, no pins to get stuck, no springs to break, no air cylinders to need replacing, no rubber to rot, no mild steel with hollow tubes to rust, no complex lifting mechanism that requires to you touch the drum to spin it to the fill position. No spinning on the tires when over filled, no centrifugal sticking to the drum when moving faster than 5MPH. This new product will allow spreading speeds of 15 MPH! Faster spreads, better spreads.

I'll have the prototype finished within a few weeks. Estimates show this new spreader called the "better spreader' will cost less, out last by a factor of ten ALL of the units out there today simply because every moving part increases the chance of maintenance by the cubed of the number. 16 moving parts has 4096 X the chance of a failure as 1 moving part.

STAY TUNED! This is going to be very exciting for the horse community!

/ The Stablers Rotary Manure Spreader #13  
Hi There!

I am Mrs. Peppilappu and I would like to give my review of this product.

We bought what we thought would be an amazing manure spreader. The website stated that they "GUARANTEED" this product not to rust or fall apart like the wooden spreaders.
We have a small farm, 7 acres and board horses, could be 3-7 horses, but at the time we only had 4 horses. So we bought the smallest spreader. Within 3 months the wheels fell off! When we contacted the company about their guarantee, they said they would send us new wheels. But if they are the exact same wheels, this will happen again and again. Then they said the next size up had "better made" wheels and we could up grade, but we had to bring the spreader to them and pay the difference of $1000. So we put the spreader in a trailer and hauled it from Orlando to Ocala, where they were having a show.
The bigger model, lasted a little longer, maybe 9 month. At which time the barrel rotted, now bear in mind, we do not leave the manure in the barrel, ever....It is dumped after the stalls are done!

As I am writing this Mr Peppilappu is fixing this spreader for the last time! He decided to put the new spreader design on the back burner for now.

But this is what he has had to fix this morning. The Pin fell off and he has had to re-engineer a way to put it back on. The so-called handle to open the barrel broke off. The scrapper inside the barrel broke for the umpteenth time. And the back bar finally rusted through. These are a few of the many things he has had to fix.

Please do not buy this spreader, you will be wasting your money! It is not guaranteed as they stated!!!

spreader 1_7344.JPG

Spreader 2_7341.JPG

spreader 3_7340.JPG

spreader 4_7339.JPG

spreader 5_7338.JPG

/ The Stablers Rotary Manure Spreader #14  
Their spiel sounds like the crap a mining sales engineer I used to put up
with told me promoting JH Fletcher mining equipment.

A smaller ground drive beater spreader is much less work and they have
been in use for a very long time and can be towed by a two horse team
or a small tractor.

/ The Stablers Rotary Manure Spreader #15  
But this spreader is 9 years old now isn't it, and looks as though it's had plenty of work?:)
A lick of paint would have slowed the rust too, though I thought Mr 'P' had replaced all with stainless steel- sorry, my mistake.

The ones in the UK don't seem to be available now- though that could have a lot to do with price:(

I often envy the selection of products you have in America- and understand the pride often shown in your ability to buy 'Made in USA' -just as we once were proud of things 'Made in England'-sadly, things here seem to be made anywhere BUT here these days !
Jean

/ The Stablers Rotary Manure Spreader #16  
But this spreader is 9 years old now isn't it, and looks as though it's had plenty of work?:)
A lick of paint would have slowed the rust too, though I thought Mr 'P' had replaced all with stainless steel- sorry, my mistake.

The ones in the UK don't seem to be available now- though that could have a lot to do with price:(

I often envy the selection of products you have in America- and understand the pride often shown in your ability to buy 'Made in USA' -just as we once were proud of things 'Made in England'-sadly, things here seem to be made anywhere BUT here these days !
Jean

Yes the product is 9 yrs old....but the product was purchased based on the "Guarantee" that it would "not rust" and would last years longer than their competitors spreaders. Mr P did replace the bottom portion of the barrel with stainless steel, but the rusting out portion is from the side "original portion" of the barrel. He has spent many hours, not to mention money, repairing this "crappy" spreader. I would not advise any one to purchase one....

When we first saw this spreader we actually thought it was an amazing product. I can say that the company did not think things through with this. They guaranteed the product, but every time we called them, they would not help us, then they took the guarantee off the website. We can't even find any where to post a review on it, other than here....which is years old!