The Tortoise & Hare (not Aesop's version)

/ The Tortoise & Hare (not Aesop's version) #11  
By tightening the nut this will increase the spring tension? Looks like two nuts 1 loosen the one closes to the spring and tighten the one one on the otherside of the bracket. Just keep tightening until it works properly?

/ The Tortoise & Hare (not Aesop's version)
By tightening the nut this will increase the spring tension? Looks like two nuts 1 loosen the one closes to the spring and tighten the one one on the otherside of the bracket. Just keep tightening until it works properly?

Yep, one nut on each side of the bracket. I'd tighten maybe 1/4" and see how that operates and do more if required. It will make your pedals a bit stiffer too, but not that much stiffer.

Check out my video snow blowing in the new video forms take care

Nice video.:thumbsup: Snow blowing is very foreign to me, but that cabbed 2420 and 84" blower sure makes it look easy. Last year we had one big slushy snow here of over a foot deep and I plowed our county road with the FEL and a boxblade while huge snowflakes almost blinded me. I was toasty warm in my Carhart insulated coveralls, but I could not keep snow out of my eyes. I needed a helmet with a face shield. That kind of snow is a once every 20 year event here and we have none of it this year. By this afternoon, it is supposed to be in the low 50s and I plan on smoking some ribs in my smoker. Our winters here are very different.

/ The Tortoise & Hare (not Aesop's version) #14  
I hope my cave man approach doesn't aggravate you especially since you've been such a big help to me and so many others on TBN; but, I made a decision not to use the joy stick Turtle/Rabbit switch years ago and now I can't turn back. I always glance down to see what mode is lit and enjoy the solid feel of switching up or down as needed.
I did dissasemble the joy stick once but it was easy.
Gee I hope I'm not missing out on feeling like I'm firing rockets from my TC40d.
Yours,
Chris in snowy Connecticut

Tractorganic, it makes no difference which switch you use. That's personal preference. For the example slides, I used the joystick switches, but I could just have easily used the fender switch. Sometimes when I have on thick gloves, I reach over to the fender switch because the little buttons on the joystick are hard to press. Now, if I had a button to fire off a couple of missile salvos with the joystick, I'd probably get a kick out of that too. "Go ahead punk oak tree. Make my day!":laughing:

/ The Tortoise & Hare (not Aesop's version) #16  
Jim

Finially got to adjusting the spring tension. It works fine know. Thanks

Jack

/ The Tortoise & Hare (not Aesop's version) #17  
To Jack and Jim (yes, I had to check myself for typing Jack & Jil); I have a 2004, TC40DA and am experiencing about the same thing. It seems to "stick in 'go!' " when under a load and more so at higher rpm, although, I don't think I have ever gone higher than 2,500. It also seems to be getting worse with time. Think it's like my body: wore plum out & ready for a new 'n.

Lube it up and adjust the return spring tension. It's an intuitive adjustment if you look under the right side operator platform and move the pedals (with the engine off of course).

. . . and I don't know about Jack, but I've never been up a hill to fetch a pail of water.:D

/ The Tortoise & Hare (not Aesop's version) #19  
Never lucky enough to walk down a hill with a pail of water always up the steepest hill