The Tractor cave...

/ The Tractor cave... #51  
It is 35 here tonight.. and winter is over?????

Same here.... has a pretty good frost on the windshield yesterday morning. Haven't been outside yet this morning. But when things are starting to grow, spring's here. Time to start getting some work done.:D

/ The Tractor cave... #52  
Got all the sheetrock up yet? If not, the labor will keep you warm.:D

/ The Tractor cave... #53  
Trying to revive this thread that I didn't know existed. Any new pics?
I've been working on my own tractor cave that my wife affectionately refers to as my "serial killer lair" - what with the lock on door, my secreting away to it, etc. Personally, I prefer a less nefarious title like "Fortress of Solitude." But instead of a frozen, arctic hideaway, it's cinderblock and smells like fuel and lumber.

/ The Tractor cave...
Life has gotten in the way... I'm currently 1 sheet from finishing the ceiling and then resizing the Garage door...
There is a lock on the door, and all is there.. But just need to get er done....

The garage door was roughed in at 7 x 8.. I elected for 7'6 x 8 so the tractor can clear the opening..

I really only need 7'2...

It looks like I might finish it in the next month....

but I have started another project.... Pictures on that soon....

/ The Tractor cave... #55  
RadarTech, on the 3rd page you posted a pick of doing drywall... is that a lift for holding up drywall? I've never seen that before. I've always built "T"'s to hold up ceiling drywall.

/ The Tractor cave... #56  
A nice looking cave. Thanks for the pictures.

/ The Tractor cave...
rkeith said:
RadarTech, on the 3rd page you posted a pick of doing drywall... is that a lift for holding up drywall? I've never seen that before. I've always built "T"'s to hold up ceiling drywall.

Yes sir!!!! That lift was awesome!
I dont have the link handy, but you can lift up 12 foot sheets real easy...

I would have to look back but I think it cost $25 for the weekend, well saturday noon to monday am...

a friend told me about the T and I just want up for it....

/ The Tractor cave...
RadarTech said:
Yes sir!!!! That lift was awesome!
I dont have the link handy, but you can lift up 12 foot sheets real easy...

I would have to look back but I think it cost $25 for the weekend, well saturday noon to monday am...

a friend told me about the T and I just want up for it....

Thanks!!!

/ The Tractor cave...
crbr said:
A nice looking cave. Thanks for the pictures.

Uggggggg..this is where I meant to say thanks!

/ The Tractor cave...
Ok... So life has really interrupted the building of the tractor cave like you wouldn't believe.
But I have recently started on the neighbor to the tractor cave.... The man cave... It is progressing rapidly as I needed somewhere to work on some electronic stuff and a place to put the new Dillon 650 press that will be ordered soon....

Alas I have no before pictures..... But I'll post a couple of pics...
Of the three below you see one that is the small bench built from scrap wood...
The wide shot showing the cluttered harbor freight bench on the right and the electronics/server cabinet on the left with the new countertop bench on the left.

The last pic shows the new counter top bench with the large black tool box on this end.

The bench was built with treated 4x4 legs.. 3 sets of them.
And a box of 2x6s making the supporting legs.
It was all screwed together using 3 inch wood screws and I also used my corner clamps to hold it while I built it... There will be shelves added at some point, but I need to think that through...

I used a keg tool to fasten the top on it.

The top came from lowes and is 8 feet long.
I got it for $45.. It has a crack belong the tool box.. So you can't see it..

Eventually when my Dillon press is ordered I'll mount it on the end... Then the ammo loading will commence in earnest!!!

I'll add some a/v stuff too, as I have a spare tv and a DVD player And that will really make it cool!!!
Anyway... I think I'll have the tractor cave door up in the next week or 2... And then I'll post that....

Attachments

• image-1027831898.png
    image-1027831898.png
    577.5 KB · Views: 278
  • image-3526784976.png
    image-3526784976.png
    550.9 KB · Views: 216
  • image-1829594281.png
    image-1829594281.png
    572.7 KB · Views: 229