The truth: 4310: the good, the bad, mostly ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The truth: 4310: the good, the bad, mostly ugly #141  
<font color=blue>How could there possibly be 4000 dollars difference between one dealer and another?</font color=blue>

Very easy. One dealer was offering list price, the other discounted it. When I was shopping for my smaller tractor, I came across $2,000+ differences on a 15K machine.

/ The truth: 4310: the good, the bad, mostly ugly #142  
Bill,

forgot to mention that I'm glad things are getting resolved for you. After a few hours of seat time, your buying experience will be eclipsed by your using experiences.

Happy tractoring

/ The truth: 4310: the good, the bad, mostly ugly #143  
Mike, you are so right. When I started shopping for a tractor, I knew so very little about them that it was awkward. I spent months learning all I could but I know now that when I bought the tractor, I still did not know enough.

When I buy the next tractor, I have the best people to ask all selected. As I said in a previous post, I was helped so much in my education on tractors by so many people. It turned out that I bought the tractor from the most helpful dealer or really salesman.

It was nine months from the first visit to the dealership until I purchased the 4300. After a year of ownership, I know I bought the right machine for my needs. It is also true that I didn’t know enough to do that even with all the help. I trusted a salesman and in this case that trust was well placed. He always would ask the right questions to find out how the unit would be used and then it would come. “If I were you, I would _____.”

If all of us first time buyers had the help I got, this tread would not exist. By the way, when I went to the dealership to visit 4300 on its arrival, there were some scratches on the bucket and support arms of the FEL. I joked to the salesman that I wanted to put the first scratches on MY tractor. When the unit was delivered, the scratches had all been touched up. He called me to let me know when that the warrantee was about to run out on the FEL. Just wanted to let me know in case I wanted anything look at.

Can anyone guess where I will buy my next tractor?

/ The truth: 4310: the good, the bad, mostly ugly #144  
And with that, I think this is a good time to end this thread, as much of the same is being repeated and it's getting rather long in length.

Future buyers can take a lot from this thread, and perhaps learn form one's experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.