The Unthinkable has happened (to our family)

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family)
Thank you all for the comforting comments. She is doing very well, better than I probably would be if it were me in her shoes. Leslie (4 year old) appears to have accepted it so far, she has showed very few signs of missing him although she will talked about him once in a while or go up to his urn and tell him she loves him very much. Our daughter is keeping his remains for the forseeable future and he sits in a cabinet in our living room for now and I respect what ever she chooses.

Again thanks for all the support, it means a lot,
Steve

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family) #42  
God bless you and yours and may you continue healing.

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family) #43  
Thank you all for the comforting comments. She is doing very well, better than I probably would be if it were me in her shoes. Leslie (4 year old) appears to have accepted it so far, she has showed very few signs of missing him although she will talked about him once in a while or go up to his urn and tell him she loves him very much. Our daughter is keeping his remains for the forseeable future and he sits in a cabinet in our living room for now and I respect what ever she chooses.

Again thanks for all the support, it means a lot,
Steve

Hi Steve,

What a tragedy you all are coping with. God bless and keep you all through this time of grief and into the future.

It sounds like you and yours are doing all the best things you can to get through the initial phase of this, and hopefully these same things will provide a foundation on which to keep moving forward.

Again God bless and protect you all,
Thomas

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family) #44  
So sorry to hear this; my wife and I will keep you and your family in prayer.

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family) #45  
Don't visit this section often... Steve I am so sorry for your loss - so tragic. Hope your daughter and grand children are doing better...

So sorry...

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family) #46  
That tore me up....................and to think about what I complain about sometimes. You'all in our thoughts and prayers here, belated but heartfelt, literally ...

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family) #47  
I haven't been on TBN as much recently so I just saw this. I am so sorry to hear about this awful tragedy. Please accept my families condolences and all the best of strength to you and yours.

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family)
Thanks for all the replies. She has since bought a house and is out on her own again. If one passes on life insurance, this episode has convinced me that young couples should at least look at it and consider what could and can happen to you in life. As our daughter said, "I would live in a cardboard box if I could have him back". He's not coming back but the life insurance has sure made it a lot easier to carry on than it could have been. Again, thanks for all the kind words.

Steve

P.S. I'm not sure where the link to the insurance word has come from, it is not my doing.

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family) #49  
Sorry to read of your loss and my sincere condolences. I can understand your pain because my dad died at age 39 of a heart attack when I was a kid and there was no life insurance so things were tough for awhile. Fortunately my mother had her teaching degree at a time when a lot of women didn't have a college degree, so she was able to get a teaching job and we survived. I think all families should plan for this type of circumstance because if one parent goes, it can be really tough. I know a lot of people on this site hate all types of government social welfare programs but without that we could not have survived and I could not have gotten a college degree later because teachers made so little money at that time. All I can tell you is things will get better for the kids eventually but it is going to be a tough road for awhile.

/ The Unthinkable has happened (to our family) #50  
Thanks for all the replies. She has since bought a house and is out on her own again. If one passes on life insurance, this episode has convinced me that young couples should at least look at it and consider what could and can happen to you in life. As our daughter said, "I would live in a cardboard box if I could have him back". He's not coming back but the life insurance has sure made it a lot easier to carry on than it could have been. Again, thanks for all the kind words.

Steve

P.S. I'm not sure where the link to the insurance word has come from, it is not my doing.

Glad she has a house now.

Life insurance is something. A lot of couples have the husband insured but they forget about the wife's income if she works. If you count on that income, you need to make sure your survivors can carry on without you and that goes for husband AND wife. And life moves on if you are gone. One of the sad but true facts of life.