The Wife Is A Convert

/ The Wife Is A Convert #11  
My wife has her own tractor, a BX2660, but also operaes our L5030; maybe the M8540 some day.:thumbsup:

/ The Wife Is A Convert #12  
Tractor wives are special - very special :)

David

/ The Wife Is A Convert #13  
sodamo said:
Tractor wives are special - very special :)

David

We bought our Kubta B2320 to mow with, as well as all the things the FEL can lift because I wore out one knee already walking behind our DR brush mower mowing the 2 or so acres we have cleared of the 8 we and the bank own.

I expected to be the primary user, but my wife has had 4 or 5 times theseat time I have on it. She has had 3 disks out her lower back, then a fuson and because of thenerve damage from the disks, she needed a spinal nerve stimulator implanted to interrupt the nerve pain and she finds that operating the tractor helps distract from the pain.

We find that it works best if I direct, and she operates, because I know the physics of it better, so I can tell her how to lift things that she wouldn't be able to otherwise.

I miss the seat time, but having the FEL to do the heavy lifting has saved my back multiple times in just the pastyear that we've owned it, not to mention enabling us to do so much more than we able to before...

Thomas

/ The Wife Is A Convert #14  
so glad to hear tractors are helping those with with bad backs hipps an knees.most farmers an cattlemen have those things because of a lifetime running tractors.

/ The Wife Is A Convert #15  
so glad to hear tractors are helping those with with bad backs hipps an knees.most farmers an cattlemen have those things because of a lifetime running tractors.

Yup!:thumbsup:

and running idiot sticks [shovels], climbing in and out of trucks, tractors, combines, hay lofts, and other asst, etc, etc, etc, :laughing:

But more generally from kicking butt and taking names....:cool:

:thumbsup:

/ The Wife Is A Convert #16  
The past four weekends, the DW and I have been cleaning up and prepping a 2 acre plot for a veggie garden, a blueberry patch, and a fruit tree orchard.
I bush-hogged and plowed it. Then the two of us walked it, digging up the bigger roots and shrub stumps. When we had completed about two thirds of the stump pulling, I showed her the procedures to run the discs over it. She ran the tractor while I finished with the stumps.
She didn't get off that machine for three hours straight. Over the last two weekends, she's put in more than a dozen hours. She's declared that she loves it. DW is one of those women with 3000 thoughts going on at all times. Her job requires it, and she's the same at home. She said that on the tractor, her mind was cleared of everything but drawing a straight pass with the discs. She found it very relaxing.
Last night, she spotted one of my attachment catalogs and immediately started flipping through, to decide what additional machines we needed.

Y'all keep your fingers crossed. I may get a new attachment out of this.

My girlfriend is one of those people that has a lot of natural energy and she has to have a channel for it. Moving from town to the farm has given her a lot of new ways to use some of that energy, but unfortunately, my poor old riding lawn mower has been catching a lot of abuse.

I finally had to tell her that, just because it cuts grass doesn't mean you should be trying to cut pasture land, clean ditches or clear land with it, we have tractors and bushhogs for that sort of work. Well, I was reminded that I could teach her to drive one of the tractors and she could help out! So I hooked up the 7 bushhog to the 5000, gave her a few pointers, turned her loose and ran for cover.

Just as I was thinking that I had resolved the problem, I was informed that she loved the tractor so much that she wanted one of her own! (What?) She wants a small one that's hers and that she can use anytime he wants. Wait a minute, that was not in the plan. Well, after looking at my poor old lawn mower, I decided that it might be a good idea.

I looked around and found a 1630 NH, HST, FWD (Super Steer) with turfs. We picked it up with a 4 bush hog and I think that I have created a monster. The poor thing never stops. There's not a piece of grass on the entire place that's safe. Came home the other day and she was cut in the hay field!

I may have to find something else for her to do with it?. maybe a box blade?