There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor....

/ There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor.... #11  
yup.. in 4wd you can burry both axles tot he frame way easier. ;)

/ There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor....
I have started drilling and putting cotter pins in the excess threads of those bolts that would be very bad for me if they were to fall out. Other less critical bolts, I try to check at least visually. Lots of time you can tell a loose bolt visually if its in a dirty/dusty environment as the dirt/dust will have a seam gap in it. I am not against using the "blue" removable type Loctite either for those apps where a cotter pin is not possible.

By the way: I like those front deck wheels on the rotary cutter. Nice fabrication and modification if that is your home-brew addition.

It is.. and Thank You, I added the wheels, when I had the B7500, as it did not have position control, and of course if you didn't adjust the lift height about every 20 minutes it would drop some. The wheels were my solution to that.. I don't really have that problem of course with the Kioti, but it is still kinda handy to have them on as "anti-scalp" wheels when the ground is rough and variable. It keeps the front edge of the 'hog from hogging in.:)

James K0UA

/ There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor.... #13  
I learned the 4wd lesson a long time ago. You only use 2wd and when you get stuck you put it in 4wd to get out. So far that theory has worked out well. At least till now ! lol

Steve

/ There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor.... #14  
There are at least six kinds of bolts:

1) Bolts that have loosened up and fell out.
2) Bolts that are in the process of becoming loose.
3) Bolts that are so tight you'll twist the head off before it lets go.
4) Bolts that just turn, but won't come off.
5) Bolts that you can never tighten up - they just keep turning.
6) Bolts that you need to replace right now that just happen to be the only size/pitch that you don't have in a coffee can in the garage.

/ There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor.... #15  
I have the equivalent of a small hardware store in my shop, and #6 STILL applies 95% of the time. :laughing:

/ There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor....
I have the equivalent of a small hardware store in my shop, and #6 STILL applies 95% of the time. :laughing:

roger that!:thumbsup:

/ There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor.... #17  
A while back I went out and bought a variety of sizes of nutz, boltz, washers, lock washers, etc, just in case. Sometimes now I can pair together what's needed with the bazillion oddball pieces I already have- sometimes not. Sometimes I feel like I have a hardware store in my barn-I know I have several of every item, just not always the item(s) I'm searching for.:confused3:

/ There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor.... #18  

which is why i have this odd bolt on my farm CUV that holds the front end together. it lost a nut one day in the pasture. I looked all over. dug around. finally found the one thing I had available that would fit it.

spare front lug nut off one of my tractors. :)

/ There are two kinds of bolts on a Tractor.... #19  

which is why i have this odd bolt on my farm CUV that holds the front end together. it lost a nut one day in the pasture. I looked all over. dug around. finally found the one thing I had available that would fit it.

spare front lug nut off one of my tractors. :)