There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!"

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #111  
I was working for a farmer when I was 17. Told me to jump in that tractor we are moving fields. Jump into a Steiger 8 wheel articulating beast pulling a folding disc and packer. Thought he was kidding. But I didn't hesitate either.

Well there was about a foot between mailboxes on either side. I ran her flat out for about 5 miles to the next field. Well, no one told me it had a cylinder that would leak down on the disc. It did. I cut a nice groove in that paved road. Got heckled for a while on that one. I wanted to crawl under that tractor. Guess it was too many things to keep an eye on eh

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #112  
I volunteered to change the oil in my gf's car once. The filter was up behind the passenger side front wheel. I couldn't see it from underneath at all. I drained it, changed the filter, filled it and told her to start it. She backed down off the ramps and there was a growing pool of fresh oil all over the driveway. I screamed and waved and she shut it off immediately.

There was some dirt or pebble that got into the threads. It felt like it was on and tight, but had left about 1/4 inch gap between the filter and the block.

I never touched that car again. But we've been married for 23+ years.

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #113  
About a month ago I went to local fuel station to get gas for JD GT235. I had tank in bed in back of truck.Got to talking to someone before I realized I pump almost 2 gals of gas in my 2011 6.7 Ford diesel.Immediatly stopped pump,payed for diesel an pumped (filled tank) 10 gal of diesel on top of it. Went home and researched if any harm could have been done also put in some 2 cyc outboard motor oil. Truck never skipped a beat,now a lot more gas I know would have been trouble. :eek:

Boone