"There's No Stopping Us Now" Toyota's

/ "There's No Stopping Us Now" Toyota's #11  
Meanwhile we had to put a new manual transmission in our Toyota Matrix days out of warrantee for failed pinion bearing in 2006. Wouldn't even give me a break on parts to rebuild ours. Tried to find used, not a single manual available as they had all been picked. Had to ship a Corolla transmission in from a yard 500 miles away.

Toyota dealer says no, we've never seen this problem before. Uh huh, thats why the transmission shop in town I was just at always keeps them in stock tagged for you, you keep all the common parts needed for this repair on a (at the time) 3 year old model? They also mention Toyota had sent dozens in for rebuild under warrantee and steered dozens of folks in for rebuilds out of warrantee?

I haven't found an 03 or 04 yet that made it past 160k km on the original manual transmission.

Sounds like your dealer is the problem there. Did you contact Toyota direct? CJ

/ "There's No Stopping Us Now" Toyota's #12  
Yup. Their answer was I should have paid for the extended warrantee they offered at time of purchase. There is a nice thread on Edmunds' about this issue but I'm guessing almost all of them have been fixed by now. Just beware buying grandma's low milage matrix or vibe from 2003 or 2004 as it probably isn't fixed yet.

Sounds like your dealer is the problem there. Did you contact Toyota direct? CJ

/ "There's No Stopping Us Now" Toyota's #13  
It was a $1.1 billion settlement and, from what I can tell, $500 million went to owners. How much did the lawyers get?

MoKelly

/ "There's No Stopping Us Now" Toyota's #14  
Sometimes it pays to hang in there. This is the first time I have ever gotten anything more than a certificate to purchase another product and $2.00 from a recall.

What model/year do you have?