There's snow on the roof, who care's

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's #21  
It surely sounds like some more insulation, dryer duct vented to a proper location and proper venting for the soffit to roof and you should be good to go.

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's
This weekend I'll put some (Roof Melt Tablets) on my eve's, sofar the Weather Shield underlayment seems to be working. The snow on my garage lean-to, I'll rely on the 2x6 rafters to hold the weight, only have to wait 6 more weeks.

20170217_164807.jpg 20170217_164505.jpg 20170217_164617.jpg

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's #23  
This weekend's job - shoveling the snow off. Must be 28" on it. It is a metal roof. We keep the snow away from the wood stove chimney brackets - the sliding ice and snow moves as one piece and bends the brackets- breaking the sealed joints on the stainless steel chimney if I let it. I use a roof rake for that from a ladder I use for cleaning the top of creosote.

The the roof is pretty tough - but I would rather not worry about rain as we go into March - gets heavy. This last snow storm earlier this week- got 21 inches.

My metal roof is on a 2x4 sub frame over my original roof. I used to get ice damns but the air circulates easily. I like metal!

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's #24  
It's on my weekend to do list on my low pitch lean too. At almost 2200sf, I came up with a "work smarter not harder" method.
DSC02068.JPG

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's #25  
If you look around when you drive over the Zakim bridge into Boston, you will see that most of the flat roof industrial buildings have a little hut on the roof. That's for the snow thrower. Only seen one in action once.

This is a clever idea.

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's #26  
Foot or more all roof get clean just don't want to take,this winter 4 heavy wet storms so far 3" more than LOT of weight if let to freeze...repairing crack walls shaving doors no fun.

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's #27  
Unless the structure was built substandard I wouldn't worry about the snow load. The building code will have sufficient redundant strength designed into the snow tables. What I would be concerned with is the ice daming which will occur as the snow melts. If you have ice and water and it was properly installed you should be ok. If it wasn't you'll realize it when the leaks appear. Roof rakes are certainly safer than getting on the roof. I ruptured my L5-S1 disk years ago shoveling snow so I would never recommend shoveling a roof.

Be careful with shingles and it's very easy to damage them.

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's #28  
It's on my weekend to do list on my low pitch lean too. At almost 2200sf, I came up with a "work smarter not harder" method.
View attachment 499174

That's cheating! Looks very cool though. Hope there is a glass window on the front of your skid steer, or you will have lap full of snow!

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's #29  
My house has a 10/12 pitch and the detached garage is a 12/12 pitch. I was told they would not need to have snow removed with those pitches. Both bld's also have ice & water guard all the way to the peak under the shingles. Just make sure you have the best flowing ridge vents to keep the air circulating. No ice dam problems here.

/ There's snow on the roof, who care's #30  
With the warm spell we are experiencing, there is no snow on my roof. It slid off the roof yesterday evening and scared the h3ll out of the cats. They all went to the basement, quickly.