Thermostart problems. ARRGH!

/ Thermostart problems. ARRGH!
This is an informative thread. I have never heard of a thermostart before, now I have. If you are like me, here is an article that explains them; Inside a Yanmar thermostart (glow plug) unit.
Thanks, but I already knew how they work. The problem is that I have 3 new ones and they all don't work. If I could get an original one maybe it would work.
Eric

I was talking with my son a few minutes ago about how my original thermostart worked and how the new ones work. And I told him I was hesitant to buy another because I've had 3 Chinese ones fail. I wondered out loud about driving a punch against the little ball to increase the clearance a tiny bit so that when the thermostart gets hot fuel will flow. But if I hit the ball too hard the thermostart will leak the whole time and that would be bad. My son suggested using a solenoid valve. That's a great idea. Then the tractor will work the way it used to. Now I gotta find a small 12 volt solenoid valve that will handle diesel fuel.
Eric

Well, I went and ordered a 12 volt solenoid valve that is diesel fuel compatible. The valve body is brass. It should be here by Sunday. Hah! Mail is so bad here on the island I won't hold by breath. But I will use the time to figure out how to mount the valve. There are drawings online showing mounting hole dimensions so I will use that info to fab a bracket or something to fasten the valve to. I am going to experiment smacking the ball with a punch and if the thermostart leaks when cold then I will install the valve. One really nice feature using the valve will be the ability to use the timer in the tractor. At least I think there is a timer. The red light on the dash only stays lit for a short period of time but the thermostart coil stays energized as long as the key is turned to the left. I think the reason there is a box on the firewall with a wire coming out that goes to the factory thermostart is because it powers the thermostart valve for only as long as the dash light is on. Anyway, I will post about how it all works out.
Eric