These tractors have a little p'wa... 2520

/ These tractors have a little p'wa... 2520 #1  

Shawk

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520
My neighbor called me Tues night.... "mini van is stuck, can you come help out?" ;) They just moved into their new home last spring and the yard is still a muddy mess. The van sat just off the make-shift drive in the "grass." We were latching onto the van with his SUV when I decided to go get my 2520 instead... It's lighter and I figured it wouldn't bury as fast as his SUV. Funny... I could tell he wasn't fully confident my 2520 would do the job. Though I must admit I wasn't sure either. We hooked him up... I put it in gear and yanked him out (carefully) with absolutely no effort. Didn't spin, grunt or groan... just pulled him out of the muck. His van was BURIED... :) I was on a little firmer ground but it still surprised me a bit how easy he came out. Anyway... I thought I'd share... These little guys have a wee bit of power :)

/ These tractors have a little p'wa... 2520 #2  
The other day I had to help my friend move some mud away from the barn because the sheep were getting problems from the wet soil. My little 2320 never got stuck in the mud (R4s). They all thought it would though!

/ These tractors have a little p'wa... 2520 #3  
Shawk said:
My neighbor called me Tues night.... "mini van is stuck, can you come help out?" ;) They just moved into their new home last spring and the yard is still a muddy mess. The van sat just off the make-shift drive in the "grass." We were latching onto the van with his SUV when I decided to go get my 2520 instead... It's lighter and I figured it wouldn't bury as fast as his SUV. Funny... I could tell he wasn't fully confident my 2520 would do the job. Though I must admit I wasn't sure either. We hooked him up... I put it in gear and yanked him out (carefully) with absolutely no effort. Didn't spin, grunt or groan... just pulled him out of the muck. His van was BURIED... :) I was on a little firmer ground but it still surprised me a bit how easy he came out. Anyway... I thought I'd share... These little guys have a wee bit of power :)

Oh Ye of little faith. It's a 26 HP, 2000#, 4wd tractor and you didn't think it would pull a little mini van??? The John Deere Gods are angry at you for your lack of faith!!!! ;)

/ These tractors have a little p'wa... 2520
Rob-D said:
The other day I had to help my friend move some mud away from the barn because the sheep were getting problems from the wet soil. My little 2320 never got stuck in the mud (R4s). They all thought it would though!

Of course you knew better all along... right ? ;)

/ These tractors have a little p'wa... 2520
ovrszd said:
Oh Ye of little faith. It's a 26 HP, 2000#, 4wd tractor and you didn't think it would pull a little mini van??? The John Deere Gods are angry at you for your lack of faith!!!! ;)

Yeah, yeah... I know. I should have known it wouldn't have any trouble. But his van was as buried as it could get. He apparently tried to work it out by himself for a while before he called me. It looked as if he intentially got it stuck :) I'll never question my tractors brute strength again... ;)

/ These tractors have a little p'wa... 2520 #6  
Shawk said:
Of course you knew better all along... right ? ;)

Knew better?

I asked if they wanted the barn moved over a couple of feet while I was at it!