They say bad luck goes in "3's"

/ They say bad luck goes in "3's" #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
Had a good run lateley..Usually it's business but this week it's been the home......I was on our aged computer on monday and it died (with smoke) so $950 later and a whole new system thought i was good?
Yesterday came home and found the basement full of water....New water tank + fitting $650 ....sat here tonight,Went down stairs to shut my self in the office for a smoke and the washing machine has p!$$ed it's self ?????????????????????????
I will take my day to day machinery repairs over this stuff any day...I understand these..?

/ They say bad luck goes in "3's" #2  
Well; if you had the pump outside and used buckets there would be not problem with the water tank! As for the washing machine, a tub and scrub board should last a life time.

We just complicate things too much. Work all the time so we can have labour saving machines and then just have to work harder still to maintain and get more labour saving equipment! :p

Perhaps the original simple hand operated items were the real labour savers?:D

/ They say bad luck goes in "3's" #3  
Yesterday came home and found the basement full of water....New water tank + fitting $650 ....

For that price You must have had someone install it

/ They say bad luck goes in "3's" #4  
Well; As for the washing machine, a tub and scrub board should last a life time.

We just complicate things too much. Perhaps the original simple hand operated items were the real labour savers?:D

I wonder. That scrub board. I guess it's what we called wash board. If it's made of cheap crap, the legs will bust soon and you can be sure the wash part will get rusty after second use. Problem; everything is made like crap. Nothing lasts a lifetime.

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ They say bad luck goes in "3's" #5  
They say bad luck goes in "3's"

I guess I'm due for one more. We had to lay off 14 employees Friday and i had to have my 16 year old cat put to sleep on Saturday.

/ They say bad luck goes in "3's" #6  
I'm sorry that these folks lost their jobs and your cat passed on. My cat passed last year, and I still miss her. Having both these things happen at the same time is a rough spot to go through.

Recently, we had some church members in their 90's to pass. They were among some of the most courteous and kind people I've ever known. They had outlasted the depression, gone through WWII, become successful in business, raised children that were also successful and were deeply rooted in the community. At one of the funerals, one of the sons said his Mother often didn't have much food on the table and only a few clothes when she was growing up as a child. He said she made it a point throughout her life that no one ever left her table hungry, and she was very well regarded in the community for her hospitality to everyone.

I'm beginning to think that maybe her generation had so much respect for other people because they had been through so much themselves.

/ They say bad luck goes in "3's"
Wow this was meant to be light hearted and not turn into obituraries...?

/ They say bad luck goes in "3's" #9  
Come home with a washtub and wash board

Bring this home and then there will be a obituary....