Things I have learned.

/ Things I have learned. #31  
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim drives past my house on his way home in the evening..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Things I have learned. #33  
Carry an extra shear pin for your bushhog and tools to change it. Mine gives out about once a year due to fatigue rather than hitting something in particular.

/ Things I have learned. #34  
If you are like me, and wear your nastiest clothes to use your tractor, when you see that the day is going to be shot without additional fuel, be sure to go in the house and get your wallet before you go to the checkout at the gas station with no money. Those teenage girls behind the counter will not cut you any slack.

/ Things I have learned. #35  
Another thing I have learned........shut off the engine when you discover the radiator screen is all full of crap. If you slide the screen out with it running.......well SOMEONE mentioned to me that all that crap gets sucked into the radiator /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Things I have learned. #36  
Here's another one . . . . read the manual before operating your FEL for the first time . . .amazing how nicely the float setting works . . . . of course now I get to fill in the gouges from my "playing" last night. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have a good one,
Dave

/ Things I have learned. #37  
The green is slowly starting to fade from behind the ears here. I'll add:

When working with the FEL, try to remember if you have something attached to the back end. (Broke the welds on a landscaping rake wheel when I backed into an immovable object)

The bottom pin of the TPH will snap before the rear blade will. A corollary, just because you think there is nothing under the snow to snag your blade, doesn't mean it isn't there!

/ Things I have learned. #38  
hahaha... I used to have to pick all that out of my Ford 8N radiator...what a laugh (LOL) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Things I have learned. #39  
If you have to fold the ROPS to get in the garage, you have to fold it to get out, too (learned that the second day, the hard way). /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Things I have learned. #40  
I have also learned......
If your mowing with the MMM, remember that the 3ph arms are still back there. If you back up near the barn, the arms will poke 2 nice square holes in your siding. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif