Think I got Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Think I got Covid #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
It hit me last night in the span of 1 hour. Chills, skull crushing headache, body aches, sweats and a 102 fever. I feel a little better this morning and fever is down to 101 and the headache has subsided. That might be due to taking Ibuprofen. Deciding whether I get tested or not, not sure what the point would be, if you feel crappy, does it really matter to take a test that tells you that you have something that will make you feel crappy?

I've been vaxxed, but no booster. I hope to ride this out with no real issues. I never get sick, so kind of surprised me.

/ Think I got Covid #2  
Hope this gets behind you as quickly as it bit you.

/ Think I got Covid #3  
I wouldn't test, but act like you have it. Limit your exposure to others. However...

Everyone is going to get omicron. It's too transmissible...

In two weeks it's gotten hundreds of thousands of people.

From a virology standpoint...this is good. It needs to work through a population to die out. The mutations are getting less severe...which should limit the deaths.

/ Think I got Covid #4  
I think that if you lose sense of smell/taste then it's a pretty good flag it could be Covid and you might want to know just as a matter of medical history for the future. But if you are not in a situation where it's a personal risk (based on your health condition) or risk to others, I'd stay put.

There used to be a quiz on the CDC website where you plug in the symptoms, brief medical history (any risk conditions?), and it gives advice on whether you should stay put or get tested. Both times I used that when sick in 2020, it pretty much just said I should stay home but call a doc if it got worse or didn't resolve in some number of days. So I may or may not have had Covid but the advice was pointing to "no" or "not a risk".

/ Think I got Covid #6  
praying

/ Think I got Covid #7  
I have been boosted. So has my tractor and my car and van. But I think it is inevitable before we get it too :(

/ Think I got Covid #8  
It hit me last night in the span of 1 hour. Chills, skull crushing headache, body aches, sweats and a 102 fever. I feel a little better this morning and fever is down to 101 and the headache has subsided. That might be due to taking Ibuprofen. Deciding whether I get tested or not, not sure what the point would be, if you feel crappy, does it really matter to take a test that tells you that you have something that will make you feel crappy?

I've been vaxxed, but no booster. I hope to ride this out with no real issues. I never get sick, so kind of surprised me.

Very happy to hear you are vaccinated it should help keep it at bay. If you take a bad turn please consider getting medical attention..don't wait until you can barely breathe.

A pulse oximeter will let you know if your Oxygen saturation levels are dropping...you can get one at Walgreens or Amazon, etc.

I also agree getting tested does little at this point, just isolate and take care of yourself.

/ Think I got Covid #9  
I would (and did) get tested. Thanksgiving week I had cold symptoms but no fever, so after checking with my mother (3 times) I went to her house for the holiday. I sat at a different table, didn't handle anybody's food except my own, and gave everyone a wide berth.

Saturday I had a fever of 101+ which lasted about 30 hours. When I got tested though it came back negative. Had I gotten tested in the first place it would have been better for everybody. I've ordered some home tests; they may not be as accurate, but it won't take 6 days to get my results back either.

/ Think I got Covid #10  

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Several weeks ago the wife and I both got fevers, coughs, body aches, etc... both got tested. Neither of us had COVID, however, I had severe bronchitis and she had the flu. I got antibiotics and she got chicken soup.

Tests are free. Get tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.