Grading Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24?

/ Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24? #11  
I have a 4' Rankin box blade, and if I get it full, it is pretty hard to keep my BX23 pulling it. This is especially true if I am pulling up hill. It does work great at keeping the driveway groomed.

/ Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24?
Thanks for all the opinions. Guess I will hold out for a 4'. I need it to level some land for seeding grass. Mostly dirt, little clay, maybe a little driveway work but I already have a 5" rake and a grader.

/ Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24? #13  
nope.

I think it'll be like an anchor back there. My 3030 barely moves a 5 footer. I bet you'd get much more done with a smaller one.

I agree I use a 4 ft. behind my 2620 and sometimes need the 4wd when full of heavy material.

/ Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24? #14  
Not to argue the 'new math' but wouldn't the $499 be discounted to $449.10 and then not taxed??

/ Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24? #15  
How about buying in Manchester NH? Always tax free.

Not sure if there is another TSC in NH, but wouldn't be surprised

/ Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24? #17  
I asked a similar question a while back and was steered towards the 4 footer. I have B7610 (24hp) and found an almost new Farm Force 4' (looks just like the one in the craigslist ad posted above) and it seems to be a good fit for the tractor. The tractor will pull it when full of loose gravel, but it's work.

/ Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24? #18  
I pull a 6' KK box blade behind my BX2230. I bought it on EBay and it was advertised as a 5', but when I got there to pick it up, it was 6'. It works well for my needs. Mostly smoothing surfaces with front blade digging very little or only clipping the high spots. It's too big for any real digging, but I can pull it up to about 3/4 full. Above that and the blade has to fill the trenches the tractor is digging just trying to pull it.

If anyone wants to trade a 4' of 5' BB for my 6' KK, PM me! I'm in NW Connecticut.

/ Think that I could pull a 5' Box Blade with a BX24?
How about buying in Manchester NH? Always tax free.

Not sure if there is another TSC in NH, but wouldn't be surprised

Good thought. I'll check.