Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions...

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions...
I'm not sure if you are saying the T654 will go away or the 20 series. The T494/T574 share the engine with the 20 series. I believe a big part of the reason TYM bought Kukje was for direct access to the engines. I think it would be practical for them to merge the best features of the 20 series and their engine-mates in the legacy TYM lines and make a formidable competitor for any similarly sized tractor.

Deutz makes a good engine, too. TYM has also expanded its relationship with Yanmar. Yanmar will be selling TYM tractors with Yanmar badging in the near future. It wouldn't surprise me if TYM considered making bigger engines themselves if they have enough capacity in the factories.

Depending upon the specific metrics of concern, the T654 exceeds or is very close to the 5835, but it does come in a cab option.

The Deutz engine in the T654 is a CRDI, computer controlled engine. The Kukje (TYM) engine in the 5835 is a mechanical pump, computerless design which is what I want.

And to @gstrom99, I know what I want. I love my Kukje (Branson) 3520H and want the same tough, dependable tractor for my next one, but I want it a little bigger and with a cab. I'm not willing to compromise for a more complex, computerized engine when I don't see the need for one on a tractor. If the fuel system is kept simple/mechanical then it will be easy to repair and maintain.

On my Branson 3520H, even when the expensive instrument cluster wert out, the tractor still ran and worked fine. I just didn't have any gauges. That's the kind of simplicity I like.

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions... #22  
One thing I might add, and you may already know, is that at your altitude (7000 ft) you should be insuring that the new tractor has a turbo, regardless of the particular model and engine you settle on. Turbos help at altitude to much more of a degree than they do at sea level.

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions...
One thing I might add, and you may already know, is that at your altitude (7000 ft) you should be insuring that the new tractor has a turbo, regardless of the particular model and engine you settle on. Turbos help at altitude to much more of a degree than they do at sea level.

I'm at 7000 feet now and you are correct. I should have gotten a Turbo tractor back in 2015. I am moving to about 3k to 4k elevation but I will definitely be getting a bigger tractor with a turbo. All I can say is if you are buying a new tractor and debating on whether you should go bigger. Always go bigger.

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions... #24  
The Deutz engine in the T654 is a CRDI, computer controlled engine. The Kukje (TYM) engine in the 5835 is a mechanical pump, computerless design which is what I want.

And to @gstrom99, I know what I want. I love my Kukje (Branson) 3520H and want the same tough, dependable tractor for my next one, but I want it a little bigger and with a cab. I'm not willing to compromise for a more complex, computerized engine when I don't see the need for one on a tractor. If the fuel system is kept simple/mechanical then it will be easy to repair and maintain.

On my Branson 3520H, even when the expensive instrument cluster wert out, the tractor still ran and worked fine. I just didn't have any gauges. That's the kind of simplicity I like.
I have a 2022 5835 TLB, added a hydraulic thumb to the BH. Love the tractor, it is a beast. Turbo is great where I use it in the mountains. Heavy with amazing lift capacity for its size. Yeah, bummer about no CAB. But Wait, My dealer told me that TYM has announced a cab for the 5835 in 2024. Yippee!. For you, great, wait and buy that one. For me, hopefully it is a part that I can retro fit to mine. If not, probably have to twist my arm to upgrade to a whole new tractor, sans the backhoe. Have you seen the new tires they are offering? They look like they cold be sed wthout chains in most situations. Next request for me to make the 5838 the best in its range, self leveling loader. Good luck and let's keep our fingers crossed that the cab is actually going to happen. BTW Just spent 3 days blowing snow in two HOAs in the mountains (40 miles south of SLC) near me. Used a rear mount, Normand hybrid 82" inverted (drive forward) blower. Cleared each storm which dumped 6, 8, then 12" of wet heavy stuff. Ran at full throttle to keep the pto rpm up to snuff, low range 2nd and 3rd gear, chains on the rear (loaded tires) worked like crazy. Motor never complained, turbo did its job and it really sips the fuel if you are not pushing it like I was. Burned through 20 gallons over the 3 days.