Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #11  
:laughing: Yeah, but I want 15 of 'em at once. What's a guy to do? :confused3:

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #12  
:laughing: Yeah, but I want 15 of 'em at once. What's a guy to do? :confused3:

OK, I understand the 15 part since I've bought 15 Kubotas from Barlows in 9 years:laughing: but I started with one BX2200 FEL MMM. That's the usual way for most of us. Start with one, that first one and then go on from there!!!!!:drink: GET UP, GET OUT, GO DRIVE EM, SIGN A CONTRACT!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #14  
Was wondering, if you (or anyone else) know John...is the "sales tax savings thing" anything that can bite you in the butt later?

Can your "home state" come after you for the sales tax?

All states that have a sales tax also have what's called a use tax. Difference is a sales tax is applied and collected by the seller while a use tax is paid after the fact directly to the state by the buyer. You're suppose to pay one or the other on any taxable transaction. Since your state GA, for example, has no authority to force Barlows to collect and remit the GA sales tax to them, you are suppose to voluntarily declare and pay the use tax if/when you bring the tractor back to GA for use there (permanently). Most states have a line on their state income tax return where you declare and pay the use tax (well at least here in CT). Let's just say compliance with this use tax is pretty low. But, it is a risk you take not declaring and paying the use tax. Of course with anything you have to register, like a car or boat, for example, they get you at the time of registration. Most states don't require registration of tractors, but they might require filing of documents if you buy the tractor with a loan. Kubota credit, or other creditor, would want some record of the debt should they have to collect. That said, I've never heard of a state using those doc's to cross-check use tax compliance.

Now go buy that tractor, in state or out.

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #15  
I think you will be better of with a BX than a Zero turn. You can do so much more with the BX. My BX has over 3 times the hours on it than what I put on the previous Cub Cadet garden tractor. I think a BX will also have a better resale value.

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check
I think you will be better of with a BX than a Zero turn. You can do so much more with the BX. My BX has over 3 times the hours on it than what I put on the previous Cub Cadet garden tractor. I think a BX will also have a better resale value.

That's what I've decided to do- I'm going with the BX2370. My (supportive) wife is on board. I talked to my dealer today- he is working on getting one in for me- hopefully within the week. I think it will be very versatile and handy. More details to come soon hopefully....

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #17  
That's what I've decided to do- I'm going with the BX2370. My (supportive) wife is on board. I talked to my dealer today- he is working on getting one in for me- hopefully within the week. I think it will be very versatile and handy. More details to come soon hopefully....

Cool, I think you will like it. Did you get the QA for the loader?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TractorByNet

Cool, I think you will like it. Did you get the QA for the loader?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TractorByNet

No- thought about it but would have only used it if I were buying forks for it...QA, forks and frame for the forks were another $1,270 which seemed high
to me for nominal gain. (I have forks/bale spear on the 4240). Wound up at $12,500 for tractor with FEL and 60" MMM after trading my JD X320 plus tax
and KTAC insurance. $14,200 total out the door at 0/60. Feel like that was a good deal.....left the dealer at 6:30pm so should finalize tomorrow...

/ Thinking about buying a new BX2370- price/thought check #19  
There is no way I would pay $1270 for the QA and forks. I had no idea it would be that high:eek:

There is no way I would pay $1270 for the QA and forks. I had no idea it would be that high:eek:

Yep. QA $279, pallet fork frame $636, 32" pallet forks $338

only other add on is a blade... wasn't close to worth it.