Thinking about selling

/ Thinking about selling #1  

rtm038

Silver Member
Hello all,
I'm thinking about selling my 2008 2520 TLB and upgrading to a 3000 series TLB. My machine was ordered new in June 2008, has under 200 hours, R4s, rear lights, 200CX loader, 46BH and a modified 54" (now 66") front snowplow. It's not beaten up, but it does have some scratches, marks, etc. on the BH, bucket, front buck, etc. because it has been used for various landscape projects. The machine runs flawlessly. What do you think would be a fair trade-in and/or private party sale amount?

Ryan

/ Thinking about selling #2  
Dealer will kill u.

/ Thinking about selling #3  
Hello all,
I'm thinking about selling my 2008 2520 TLB and upgrading to a 3000 series TLB. My machine was ordered new in June 2008, has under 200 hours, R4s, rear lights, 200CX loader, 46BH and a modified 54" (now 66") front snowplow. It's not beaten up, but it does have some scratches, marks, etc. on the BH, bucket, front buck, etc. because it has been used for various landscape projects. The machine runs flawlessly. What do you think would be a fair trade-in and/or private party sale amount?

Ryan

I would think 16 to 18 thousand would look like a good deal to a buyer.

How much do you have in it, just for kicks.??

Look on machinefinder.com and tractorhouse.com for comparative prices.

Best of luck with the sale/purchase. 3320====cadillac.:thumbsup:

/ Thinking about selling #4  

3720 ==== Ferrari :drool:

/ Thinking about selling #5  
RTM - where are you located?

/ Thinking about selling

Well, the machine itself with the loader, backhoe and 3-point arms cost me about $22,000 with taxes and fees. I picked up the complete plow for about $600 and paid the fabricator about $350 to modify the blade. So call it an even $23,000.

RTM - where are you located?

I'm in Chester, NJ

/ Thinking about selling #7  
$17,000 to $18,000 is top end value of your tractor.your tractor loses 25% of its value as soon as it leaves the dealers lot.the dealer would prolly allow you a $14,000 to $15,000 trade in maybe less.

/ Thinking about selling
$17,000 to $18,000 is top end value of your tractor.your tractor loses 25% of its value as soon as it leaves the dealers lot.the dealer would prolly allow you a $14,000 to $15,000 trade in maybe less.

25%? That's more than a car and they drop like rocks. A friend of mine bought a 4300 series in 2000 (loader/backhoe) for 25,000 and sold it 8 years later for 20,000. As JDGreenGrass suggested, I checked out similiar models on machinefinder.com and tractorhouse.com and those sites have some machines with 3 to 4 times the hours of mine that are going for the high teens, low 20s.

/ Thinking about selling #9  
25%? That's more than a car and they drop like rocks. A friend of mine bought a 4300 series in 2000 (loader/backhoe) for 25,000 and sold it 8 years later for 20,000. As JDGreenGrass suggested, I checked out similiar models on machinefinder.com and tractorhouse.com and those sites have some machines with 3 to 4 times the hours of mine that are going for the high teens, low 20s.

Don't compare dealer prices with private sales. The dealer is one stop shopping since they can arrange financing. Also, the buyer has some recourse (in some states) even on tractors, cars, etc that are sold "as is". Those scratches might be minor to you, but not to a potential buyer.

If you're in no hurry to sell, you might get more then 16 grand (private sale). Frankly, I think you should discuss trade in value with your dealer. Good possibility that's where you'll get your best price...

Last edited:
   / Thinking about selling #10  
Tractors are much easier to sell after they are like 5 yrs old. Before that you get killed on them. Why would anyone want to pay big $$$ for a used machine, when they can pay a little more and just buy a new one. There is no market for your machine, because you are competing with brand new units that can get financing or get a good deal from the dealers that are desperate.