thinking about trying this

/ thinking about trying this #11  
i have a seperate hydraulic pump that runs the fel im thinking of using this .

I don't think it would have enough GPM flow to run it.

/ thinking about trying this #12  
You guys sure know how to crush a mans dreams.

/ thinking about trying this #13  
I say try it, part of owning a tractor is doing stuff with it that other people only dream of.. I've got a brand new bx23 and trying all kinds of stuff this idea is just way to cool

/ thinking about trying this #14  
You guys sure know how to crush a mans dreams.

No, just trying to help him do it in a way that works. It can be done, it has been done.

I use a 7' brush hog that was designed for the front. It has a front wheel and a hinge built into the attachment plate, so it can follow the ground contours.

Right click on each picture to open in a new tab.
P4010028.JPG P4120002.JPG P4120004.JPG PC200019.JPG P4060003.JPG

/ thinking about trying this #15  
We're not trying to discourage anything.
Just trying to weed the "stupid" out of a "neat" idea.
Not all neat ideas are stupid, but many have a stupid component within them.
For instance:
Not having the hog's curl angle adequately limited during use and eating a thrown blade would be stupid.
And tragic.

/ thinking about trying this
I don't think it would have enough GPM flow to run it.
i'm hoping i can find a motor that will work with what i have if not i guess i'll have to do a up grade.

No, just trying to help him do it in a way that works. It can be done, it has been done.

I use a 7' brush hog that was designed for the front. It has a front wheel and a hinge built into the attachment plate, so it can follow the ground contours.

Right click on each picture to open in a new tab.
View attachment 318948 View attachment 318949 View attachment 318950 View attachment 318951 View attachment 318952

that is a great design i will use that with my mower

I say try it, part of owning a tractor is doing stuff with it that other people only dream of.. I've got a brand new bx23 and trying all kinds of stuff this idea is just way to cool
thanks i figured if this works or not i will gain two things (1 i will go through my junk box and 2 i will know that this was a bad idea lol)

/ thinking about trying this #19  
that is a great design i will use that with my mower

Here are some pictures that show the front view with the safety chains and the cutting height adjustment.

P4010055.JPG P4120025.JPG

Here is the same brush hog set to the highest cutting position, mounted on the V417

PA010003.JPG PA010008.JPG PA010009.JPG