Thinking assistance, please!

/ Thinking assistance, please! #11  
I own a Kubota BX2350, and from what you describe, it might be a little to small. It will do what you want, just take more time. The big thing, is how much money do you want to spend. I have about $15000 in mine. Thats for a 60" mmm, FEL, rear blade, mulch kit and some other small items. I bought a trailer to haul it with, thats another $2500, but I didn't really have to have a trailer. I guess what I'm saying, it can add up in a hurry in terms of cost. A B series might be a little better from what you describe. I can't believe how much I have used mine, and am still kicking myself for not buying one sooner. If you can afford it, you won't regret getting a small tractor. Knowing what I know now, I would get used, you just have to get over the fact that they aren't all shiny. If you have someone you know that has some knowledge of tractors, that would help you find a used one.

/ Thinking assistance, please! #12  
I see you are from ohio, have 4 acres and not worried about power and speed. BX is your ticket. It can handle a 4'-5' bush hog, 42"-50" tiller, a 60" MMM or RFM. Since you say you have feild withg weeds, chances are you may not need a bush hog. If you wait till spring when everything is smooshed down from the snow and then mow it with your MMM or RFM, you will be fine. If you think there will be rocks, small trees to to clear, then you will need a 4' foot bush hog at least to clear the lot for the first time. you haven't mentioned if you need to do trenching or ditch clearing, then you probably only need a BX2350 go go the next one up to B series for more power, lifting capacity.

/ Thinking assistance, please! #13  
How about a Kioti CK 20? Should have the capabilities you are looking for, strong loader, etc.

I have 3 acres, tons of rocks and stumps. I have a Kioti 30 HP machine and does all i need.

The one thing I find different from the 20's HP to the 30's HP machines is size, particularly the ability to load trucks and the like.

There is a substantial difference in capabilities.

With tractors, rarely do you see people going down in size, more frequent they go up.

Joel

/ Thinking assistance, please! #14  
I'd say the BX will do what you want. You don't need horse power nor, from what I read, extra ground clearance. The only challenge for a BX I can see is the amount lawn you'll be mowing. If you need more of anything it isn't HP or tractor. A real lawnmower would be better like a ZTR to get that much lawn mowed in a shorter period of time.

/ Thinking assistance, please! #15  
One thing to consider...which has not been mentioned.....those 30 HP tractors may take a toll on your lawn when mowing....especially with non-turf tires and 4wd. So....maybe a SCUT is what you want if your trying to protect your lawn too? In any event...consider your tire choices. my .02

/ Thinking assistance, please! #16  
I have to agree with RadarTech, go out and do all the test drives you can. A lot of dealers will drop off a tractor at your house for a "free" trial on your property. They are all basically excellent for what most people need them for so don't get into the color war. Have fun. Oh BTW did I mention a certain "RED" :rolleyes:MF 2310 TLB that I happen to be partial to?

/ Thinking assistance, please! #17  
With tractors, rarely do you see people going down in size, more frequent they go up.

Joel
I didn't go down in size but i did add 2 smaller tractors.

The only challenge for a BX I can see is the amount lawn you'll be mowing.
I handle that with 2 BXs and 2 operators.
One with a 60 '' and another with a 48'' MMM.

One thing to consider...which has not been mentioned.....those 30 HP tractors may take a toll on your lawn when mowing....especially with non-turf tires and 4wd. *So....maybe a SCUT is what you want if your trying to protect your lawn too? In any event...consider your tire choices. my .02
*Yep R1s are not an issue on S-cuts like they are on the other tractors.

They are all basically excellent for what most people need them for so don't get into the color war. Have fun.
*Oh BTW did I mention a certain "RED" :rolleyes:MF 2310 TLB that I happen to be partial to?
*Just like i didn't mention an orange BX23 TLB.

/ Thinking assistance, please! #18  
Sounds like you have a color choice to make!
Several people have several very good points that I've read. I'm curious if you have just the 4 acres (or more?), any woods, and hills/slopes? All factors when picking size/HP of tractor.
You're in a very fortunate position/location to have several dealers close by, and I second the motion of trying everything. All the machines you mentioned are good.
I'm a "yellow" guy, so I know what the sizes/HP for Cub Cadet are, but not real familiar with the rest.
I use my 23HP for mowing/blowing/blading....it weighs in at 1400 lbs. (tractor alone) My 28 HP has a loader and setup for mowing, which I would still do (1900lb tractor) My 32 HP I would not mow with, just too big and heavy. I would fall in with the other opinions that 26-30 HP would be your best bet....and keep an eye on the weight. Mowing a wet lawn with a 1 ton+ tractor may have consequences!
I also have and like very much a front blade for snow removal. Most newer tractors have quik-attach loaders, so the front blade can be installed quickly.
Take your time and check them all out...that's half the fun!

/ Thinking assistance, please!
Thanks for all the thoughts :D

Between the green and the orange, I'm narrowed down to the JD 2320 and the Kubota B2620.

Attractive though, is the MF 1523 and 1528 (admittedly, part of that attractiveness is the 60 month financing).

Kubota certainly stresses "everything made by one manufacturer", the incremental/gradient flow on the 3-point, and their price is better than JD. Against the MF is the distance from the dealer (K and JD much closer), but the MF has some nice features the other two do not (telescoping arms on the 3-point, the hand and foot throttle.

Any comparison thoughts on these colors and models?

Thanks!

/ Thinking assistance, please! #20  
I have a Kubota L3000 with 4WD and FEL that I bought new about 6 years ago. We have 11 acres of mixed woods and pasture and put a little over 100 hours a year on the tractor. It handles a 5 foot mower and 5 foot tiller with no problem. After having a slightly smaller 2wd tractor with no FEL this one make a big difference. I wish I would of bought one like this 5 years earlier when I was still clearing brush and trees. In my case it it just the right size.

Down here on the gulf coast snow is never an issue but weeks of heavy rain is. The 4wd was worth the extra money and would go with it again if ever I bought another.

In the 6 years it has been problem free.