Thinking it's about time to purchase a Vehicle Positioning Wheel Dolly or ?

/ Thinking it's about time to purchase a Vehicle Positioning Wheel Dolly or ? #21  
   / Thinking it's about time to purchase a Vehicle Positioning Wheel Dolly or ?
Yesterday I received my Vehicle Skate Dolly and I checked it out today, so glad I did the research and purchased one.

The real good news is the round pipe that the tire rest on does rotate and that makes a lot of sense because it takes less friction while jacking the tire up if you were to use the skates to raise all 4 tires in order to push the vehicle around.

The only drawback I can see is on larger tires it may be difficult to use as designed, you may have to use another jack to raise the tire enough to position the skate.

On my truck tires that came with the vehicle I have to push the skate in at an angle and hook one wheel behind the tire and then push the other wheel into the rear of the tire (my truck tire will not allow this skate to be pushed onto the tire by pushing the skate wheels straight at the same time).

For what I am going to use this skate for it's going to allow me to use a lot less pushing/tugging /pulling to install my other set of tires (studdedtires/wheels).

I hope this information will help others.

KC

20200925_125305.jpg 20200925_125343.jpg 20200925_125431.jpg
20200925_173810.jpg forgot to add pics

Attachments

• 20200925_173759_resized_1 (2).jpg
    20200925_173759_resized_1 (2).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
   / Thinking it's about time to purchase a Vehicle Positioning Wheel Dolly or ? #23  
I received my tire dolly from Amazon yesterday and assembled it. 5 bolts in all, as well 2 hairpin cotters to secure the rollers. Looks to be pretty well made in China. I almost wish it were November so I could swap to my winter wheels.

Well, winter won't be far away, lows lately are around 26-29 degrees F.

I thought about the dolly you purchased but I do not fair well performing this task with my arms spread apart and now it seems one of the hardest tasks I have is getting up off the ground.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it easier to crawl around to the other side of the vehicle for a left tool then it is to get back up and walk around the vehicle.

KC

/ Thinking it's about time to purchase a Vehicle Positioning Wheel Dolly or ? #25  
We had 48F here in Missouri this morning, so it might not be far off.

I can get up from the floor, as long as I've something to lean on.

Here's an update:

I swapped out my tires/wheels to my studded snow tires/wheels today.

The vehicle skate tire dolly that I purchased worked great because I did not have to lift the tire to install it on the studs.

My only complaint is I should of purchased this 10 years ago.

Here's a couple of pictures:

KC

20201111_144507.jpg 20201111_144635.jpg

/ Thinking it's about time to purchase a Vehicle Positioning Wheel Dolly or ? #27  
I'm glad it worked well for you. I also put my studs on this week along with chains on my tractor yesterday. Sure glad I did that with 3-7 inches forecasted for today. After nearly 10 years I saw a different way to install the chains on you tube and boy it saved me a lot of time. Rather than driving on top of the chains then fighting to get them up over the R-4's I draped them over the top and just drove over the end to get them connected. Much easier!!!! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I'm glad it worked well for you. I also put my studs on this week along with chains on my tractor yesterday. Sure glad I did that with 3-7 inches forecasted for today. After nearly 10 years I saw a different way to install the chains on you tube and boy it saved me a lot of time. Rather than driving on top of the chains then fighting to get them up over the R-4's I draped them over the top and just drove over the end to get them connected. Much easier!!!! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Glad you got your chains installed the same way I do but the only difference is I jack up the tire, drape the tire chain over the top, and then I use 2 bungees (on the inside and outside pulling to keep the chain tight to the tire while rotating the tire) connected to the ends of the chain and rotate the wheel to make the connections.

Only issue I have now is the new chains I purchased last year are the diamond studded version which I'm not use to installing.

Also on my next list of tools to purchase for swapping out my summer/winter tires and wheels is an impact wrench to remove the studs (seems to be getting harder each year to break the lugs loose with an 24" breaker bar).

Milwaukee 2962P-20 :

Milwaukee 2962-2 M18 FUEL Lithium-Ion Brushless Mid-Torque 1-2 in. Cordless Impact Wrench with Friction Ring (Tool Only) | CPO Milwaukee

And my new chains:

ATV Tire Chains-Studded-Tire Chains-UTV

/ Thinking it's about time to purchase a Vehicle Positioning Wheel Dolly or ? #29  
MF Red,

I've got that same impact tool. Works very well. You'll want a set of torque sticks to go with it.

MF Red,

I've got that same impact tool. Works very well. You'll want a set of torque sticks to go with it.

Yes, I already have a set of inch and metric deep 1/2" impact sockets that I have used for years with a 18v Dewalt impact wrench that does not have enough torque to break the lugs loose.

I think I'll really like the Milwaukee, it has 650 ft.-lbs. torque, only weighs 5 lbs., and has 4 different modes for drive control.

KC