Sprayer Thinking of buying a 300 gallon sprayer with hydraulic pump

/ Thinking of buying a 300 gallon sprayer with hydraulic pump #1  

Baranx4

Gold Member
I never saw a sprayer with a hydraulic pump instead of a pto pump. It's on a trailer mounted sprayer tow behind boom sprayer. I'm a little concerned since I've only seen pto sprayers. Not sure if I should pull the trigger. Anyone with info on one would be greatly appreciated.

/ Thinking of buying a 300 gallon sprayer with hydraulic pump #2  
Need to know the kind of hydraulic system on your tractor and on the sprayer pump. Is the tractor open or closed system, and what is the flow rate? Can the flow rate on the tractor be controled? Can the pump handle a open or closed system and what flow rate is it designed for? Does it have its own hydraulic bypass system? The pto pump sprayer systems are simpler to use and common for a lot of sprayers.

We run sprayers and planters off tractor hydraulics but they are closed hydraulic systems with variable rate flow control from near 0-27 gpm. This is probably the best combination to use but again depends on the sprayer pump.

/ Thinking of buying a 300 gallon sprayer with hydraulic pump
Need to know the kind of hydraulic system on your tractor and on the sprayer pump. Is the tractor open or closed system, and what is the flow rate? Can the flow rate on the tractor be controled? Can the pump handle a open or closed system and what flow rate is it designed for? Does it have its own hydraulic bypass system? The pto pump sprayer systems are simpler to use and common for a lot of sprayers.

We run sprayers and planters off tractor hydraulics but they are closed hydraulic systems with variable rate flow control from near 0-27 gpm. This is probably the best combination to use but again depends on the sprayer pump.

My system is a closed system don't know about any rate control. So if you accidentally engage the controls without anything hooked to it and leave it on it would probably blow the pump. My tractors flow rate is 16.8 gpm and I would expect the sprayer pump to have a bypass. If it doesn't is there any way to rig one up with cost effectiveness being the key issue.

I'm thinking a pto pump might be the cheapest way out.

/ Thinking of buying a 300 gallon sprayer with hydraulic pump #4  
Thanks for the help I'll know more when I get a better look at it.

/ Thinking of buying a 300 gallon sprayer with hydraulic pump #6  
Baron, I am 99.9% sure you Kioti has a OC hydraulic system...

I know if you engage the pump without anything hooked to your rear remotes you'll blow the pump. There was a thread about it in the kioti section where someone's son bumped the lever and caused the problem and then did it again a month or two later. I think I would rather be on the safe side. I called my dealer Wallace and he said it shouldn't be a problem. I think I'm going to research the pump before trying it.

/ Thinking of buying a 300 gallon sprayer with hydraulic pump #8  
I know if you engage the pump without anything hooked to your rear remotes you'll blow the pump. There was a thread about it in the kioti section where someone's son bumped the lever and caused the problem and then did it again a month or two later. I think I would rather be on the safe side. I called my dealer Wallace and he said it shouldn't be a problem. I think I'm going to research the pump before trying it.

You won't blow the pump just by moving the hydraulic lever. It will bypass through the relief valve. If you run it excessively through the bypass, it will stress the pump and could excessively heat the oil.