Thinking of buying a zero turn mower????

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #21  
I have a 61" Scag. It will mow at 11mph. There are some stretches that are too rough, but I still seem to manage about 2-2.5 acres an hour. But the grass is usually 6-8 inches tall when I mow it. Much faster than the brush hog which is probably under 2 acres an hour. And a whole lot prettier cut.

Sounds like your Scag does what I would need one to do. Mow taller grass and rougher areas. What model do you have?

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #22  
Check out the Hustler brand of mowers. I love mine. Have had it for three years. I think you get the most bang for your buck with the hustler.

I do understand the Hustler is a good mower. The area where I'll mostly use it does not have a Hustler dealer and does have a Scag dealer. Plus there is one close to where I live and I'll pass one on the way to the other place.

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #23  
Has anyone used a bush hog Commercial ztr mower?
I was thinking about bush hog cz2555 model. I like the idea of Bush Hog deck been offset to help mow under/around the fence without the tires getting to close
I have a couple of dealers in my area, Bush Hog, Scag, Hustler, Ferris and Exmark. Bad Boy is over 45 mile away and that痴 not a good choice for me at this time. I am looking for input about all ztr mowers. Please do not hold back any comments or concerns. I want to try the Kawasaki engine.

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #24  
I have sold around 15 of the bush hogs this year they are a well put together machine and with having a full 3 year warranty how can you beat that.
The only complaint I every heard was that the deck was loud.
If you like the CZ you should try the PZ especially if you have a unlevel hilly yard.

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #25  
I use a CC M72KW Tank ZTR , built way tough & the 37hp kawasaki will do about anything. w/ 72" deck it & along with massive amount of trees to go around would make going back to tractor or lawn tractor a nightmare. I picked the Tank up for 7k w/ 32hrs on it & full 3 year commercial warranty. I have been trying to kill a couple 14hp Kawasaki's in JD LX series mowers for 15 years, they will not die. I regually dive into 4' tal salal brush with them for years & they just keep on ticking. For me Kawasaki is the only way to go for air motors. The 37hp is a beast that has a very unique sound, 1000cc V-twin getting ready to take of. At almost 1500lbs I have got it stuck in spring, but just snatched it with JD compact & off & mowing again in no time
Joe

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #26  
I've been sort of considering a ZTR due to having trees scattered around, end up having to weed wack around the trees after bush hogging with an 84". This gets old really really fast (I'm considering removing all the trees...).

The most important feature is stability on hills (with ROPS), the Hustler looks promising. Several others are well rated but seem to be very long, even Exxon Valdez long and maybe they are good at what they do but mobility in tight spaces in important in my case.

So when you all comment on how you love your (insert brand here) ZTR, some reference to how it is on slopes would be appreciated.

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #27  
I have a Bush Hog estate ztr and my brother has a commercial one. Think they are 4 years old and neither have any real issues. One thing I like is their spindles...they were the same on all of their finish mower and ztr decks expect I think one or all of their bat wing cutters. Have a rfm that is about 9 years old with only replacement of wear parts.

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #28  
WOW, I had no idea that Bush Hog even made anything other than implements. I am going to have to check into these. Guess I don't get out much

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #29  
I've been sort of considering a ZTR due to having trees scattered around, end up having to weed wack around the trees after bush hogging with an 84". This gets old really really fast (I'm considering removing all the trees...).

The most important feature is stability on hills (with ROPS), the Hustler looks promising. Several others are well rated but seem to be very long, even Exxon Valdez long and maybe they are good at what they do but mobility in tight spaces in important in my case.

So when you all comment on how you love your (insert brand here) ZTR, some reference to how it is on slopes would be appreciated.

I just crossed 2000 hours on my oldest front mount Grasshopper, a 721D G2. Other than fluid changes, it's had exactly two changes of blades; that's it! No belts, no spindles, no anything! The first 1000 hours of use was all commercial and it was used as a bush hog for the most part. I mowed the sides of right of ways, the backs of dams and other areas where nobody else could mow. I've owned most all of the name brand commercial mowers. Other than specialized machines with dual wheels, none comes even remotely close to hanging with a front mount Grasshopper on hills. I have 2000 hours of proof to not only back that up but to also back up their unbelievable durability. The bottom line for me is that I've owned most all of them, started with all Scags (mistake) used the others on various jobs, and I only own Grasshopper front mount mowers now. Believe me, I've had dozens of people claim that their (insert name) ZTR will do as well on hills and have invited them out to prove me wrong. It hasn't happened. They aren't cheap, but you don't get quality cheap.

/ Thinking of buying a zero turn mower???? #30  
Hello everyone. I am new to the ztr family. I think I have narrowed the search down to a couple of units in my here. Here are my choices:
1. Ferris IS2000 with the big block and 61 cut, comes with full suspension and suspension seat
2. Ferris IS1500 21hp Kawasaki with 52? comes with full suspension
3. Hustler Fastrak Super Duty 25-54 $5990 without r.o.p.s... Have to order flex forks and suspension seat
4. HUSTLER Z 21hp Kawasaki with 60 $7500 with r.o.p.s... .. Have to order flex forks and suspension seat
5. Bush Hog cz2555 (25hp Kawasaki with 55? $ 7395 with r.o.p.s... Choice of High-Back or Full-Suspension Seat
6. SCAG- looked at them briefly, the shop that I went to was low on inventory. They had a big moving sale

I like the Is2000 better then the IS1500 because of the storage compartment and cup holder.
The Hustler Dealer will let me test drive the unit at my house, they also have the main parts on hand.
The Ferris dealer is just a retail shop (his main bread and butter is Polaris four wheelers. I thing the Ferris is out due to no dealer support with parts.)
The Bush Hog Dealer not sure if this dealer will let me test drive the unit at my house, they also have the main parts on hand.
I want a unit that will last for a long time.
I would like some input about these choices?
Should I get the greasable spindles or the sealed spindles?