Price Check Thinking of BX24 - help with pricing, attachments

/ Thinking of BX24 - help with pricing, attachments #11  
I have had my BX24 for a little more than a year now, with nothing but the backhoe, FEL, and mid mount mower, I can say that I have thrown alot at this machine and it takes it and keeps going. I have pulled rocks out of my field with the backhoe that I could not pickup with the FEL and had to "Push" to the rock pile. I have also used it to skid log length (18ft+) fire wood I have delivered. Yanked stumps out that were so large that I took the little BX more than one attempt (day of work) to pull it out.

There are times that I wish I would have gotten a bigger machine. Pulling stumps and the weakness of the FEL and lack of supporting products for the FEL, namely lack of a quick attach setup. So with that in mind I would suggest a B series tractor.

/ Thinking of BX24 - help with pricing, attachments #12  
1* That's what I have on my BX23.
2*I just use my BX1500 with a 48'' rear tiller & 60'' front blade instead of a box blade.
3*I don't do any gardening but I wouldn't be with out my tiller.
Tilling a garden isn't the only thing you can do with a tiller.
4*I'd just use my BX1500 for something like this.
I probably wouldn't even bother with the BX23 unless I needed the FEL to haul dirt or gravel with to dump in the holes.
5*Either way I'd get separate prices on the BX24 and for each individual attachment.
Another option get prices from several dealers on just the bx24 without any attachments.
Buy the lowest priced one and equip it with good used attachments for about half the cost of new attachments.
== L B ==
JWK1 said:
Attachments:
1*I guess I'll get the standard 60" mower deck.
Seems to be the logical choice for my sized lawn and all the trees.
2*I need a box scraper for my 125 yard gravel driveway that gets potholes.
3*I don't really need a tiller since I do all intensive bed gardening,
4*so I thought if this would work to dig up the wheel ruts, furrows and high spots it sounded like a great idea.
5*Would you buy the BX24 first and then shop for attachments, or would you try to get it all as a package?

/ Thinking of BX24 - help with pricing, attachments #13  
JWK1 said:
OK, that's what I need the tractor for. Maybe you have a better choice of model, maybe not. All opinions welcomed.

You've gotten some very good feedback.

I can stress that your model choice should be based on the time frame with which you have to work in. Based on my experience with a buddy's BX22 for a lot of projects over the course of a couple of years, and being able to compare it to my machine from the competition, I can say that the BX TLB is a very capable little machine.

The smaller the machine, the longer the projects will take, but if the BX24 is anywhere near as durable and capable as the BX22 was, I'd say it could do all of the tasks you have lined up for it. You will find its limitations for the first year or two while tackling the bigger tasks, but once you get things in order, you'll have a machine that should handle all of your future maintenance tasks just fine. Definitely get the 60" MMM over the 54", as you can mow closer in to trees and other obstacles, which cuts down on your trimming time.

You might want to also start looking into the new B series TLBs (2320, 2620 & 2920) as they have a suspended mower deck, integrated 6.5' backhoe, and a FEL joystick mounted adjacent to the seat. A slightly larger, more powerful setup that would tackle all of your projects with just a bit more ease than the BX24. Another big plus is the rather significant increase in overall ground clearance.

However, if you are in a hurry, then waiting until spring for the new Bs may not work for you, as their availability will most likely be limited for the next 2-3 months.