third function remote on a jd 5400

/ third function remote on a jd 5400 #1  

captjack

Silver Member
Tractor
jd 5400
Has anyone put a third function remote on a jd 5400 ? mine is set up like most with the loader running of rear remotes

thanks in advance

/ third function remote on a jd 5400 #2  
I have not set one up, BUT I have the instructions for LV100117 - SINGLE/THIRD SCV KIT - 5200, 5210, 5300, 5310, 5400, 5410, 5500.

If you would like me to send you the pdf, please PM me with an e-mail address and I will e-mail the pdf to you.

/ third function remote on a jd 5400 #4  
I e-mailed you the instructions.

/ third function remote on a jd 5400
I e-mailed you the instructions.

Thanks !! I got it - I might just go with a diverter valve - it wont let me curl and clamp at the same time but It will be a lot cheaper than adding a third valve from jd

/ third function remote on a jd 5400 #6  
I just put a third outlet on my 5400 last year. I went with a factory valve that stacks on the outside of the loader valve. It is operated by a leaver instead of electrical due to my desire to "feather" implements. It took a decent day to install the valve and another day to run lines down the loader. I can get some pics next time I'm at the farm.

/ third function remote on a jd 5400
ok great - what was the approx cost of this ?

/ third function remote on a jd 5400 #8  
I don't remember exactly but it was in the neighborhood of $800. I bought the kit straight from John Deere and it was very straight forward to install. Included the valve block, hardware, quick couplers, brackets, leavers, hoses and all fittings. I installed hard line plumbing down the loader frame to two quick connects and plumbed hoses from the loader to the rear of the tractor much like the factory loader hoses run. I works great and I don't have a goofy electric valve to contend with down the road and all my parts are either off the self or available from Deere. I also wanted the dedicated third valve to run my hay rakes and other equipment and still have full use of my loader.

/ third function remote on a jd 5400 #9  
I don't remember exactly but it was in the neighborhood of $800. I bought the kit straight from John Deere and it was very straight forward to install. Included the valve block, hardware, quick couplers, brackets, leavers, hoses and all fittings. I installed hard line plumbing down the loader frame to two quick connects and plumbed hoses from the loader to the rear of the tractor much like the factory loader hoses run. I works great and I don't have a goofy electric valve to contend with down the road and all my parts are either off the self or available from Deere. I also wanted the dedicated third valve to run my hay rakes and other equipment and still have full use of my loader.
Do you remember what the part # was for this kit?

I have a new to me Deere 5400 that the two rear outlets are running the loader, I would like to add a 3rd to run a grapple as well.