Third function wiring help

/ Third function wiring help #1  

rickydietz105

Tractor
Mahindra 6065 4x4 cab
I have a 2023 Mahindra 6075 and purchased a WL Long third function kit but keeping Mahindra joystick 2 button controls.
Where can I access the pre-ran wiring for the 2 buttons on the joystick?
There are 2 unused deutsch connectors with each connector having one blue and one brown wire located under the cab and above the battery.
Are these the wires that should be used to connect to my WL Long solenoid kit?
If yes, how should they be connected?
The WL Long kit has 3 wires that are to be connected to the joystick switches, one blue, one green, and one yellow.
Can anyone advise, help me?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9770.jpeg
    IMG_9770.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9771.jpeg
    IMG_9771.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9769.jpeg
    IMG_9769.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
   / Third function wiring help #3  
put a continuity tester between one of the wires and ground, then push the buttons, that will tell you what you want to know.

edit between the 2 wires in each set not ground and the wires

Last edited:
   / Third function wiring help #4  
put a continuity tester between one of the wires and ground, then push the buttons, that will tell you what you want to know.
Perhaps you could explain how that will help?

/ Third function wiring help #5  
Perhaps you could explain how that will help?
if they are the wires from the buttons on the joystick, this will confirm it as well as identify which is the up and which is the down.
or do you want me to elaborate on the procedure?
I'm assuming that the OP has some DIY experience, I could be wrong.
anyway not trying to be a smart @$$

as to how to connect the wires, each set is most likely the terminals of a NO switch so when the buttons are pushed the circuit closes (the continuity tester will confirm this) one wire out of each set should be connected together to the common wire from the WL kit (there should be a wiring diagram in the kit) the 2 remaining wires go to the open and close wires from the kit.

if the OP will post a photo of the wiring diagram from the WL kit i will attempt to help.

Last edited:
   / Third function wiring help #6  
Well please forgive me for being stupid, but as I see it there should be no connection to ground with any of the wires to and from the buttons. I would assume all of that is totally isolated and insulated from ground. One of the three wires would be a common connection to one side of each switch. The other two would each connect to that as one button or the other is pushed. I guess checking for the absence of a connection to ground might be of some help, as a ground would certainly result in a blown fuse.

/ Third function wiring help #7  
He was simply saying to get across each of the wire sets and used "ground" as a description for one of the wires. I think.

To the OP: I hope that is a WR Long kit. I'm not familiar with the other. Do you have a meter and some ability to use it? And did the kit come with instructions or a wiring diagram or schematic?