This Mower Deck is The best John Deere can come up with

/ This Mower Deck is The best John Deere can come up with
Jonsstihl, I cold be mistaken, I seem to recall a thread a few months ago,where some rock shafts had an arm welded to it in the wrong orientation from the factory. I think the OP was able to level the deck at a specific height, but move the deck up or down and it would go out of level. Not sure what model either. You will have to do a search and really weed through the results.

The New adjusting Bolts do away with the half moon pieces at the top of the adjusting bolt . The half moon pieces do not always stop in the correct spot so the deck will change .

/ This Mower Deck is The best John Deere can come up with #23  
thanks for all the replies I will check out the thread. I have run with a gauge wheel on the ground before on another tractor (my mistake) and it destroyed the gauge wheel before I could finish mowing my lawn approx. 45mins.

my tractor is a 2013 My manual states to runn the gauge wheels on the powerflo side one notch lower than normal but that they shouldn't touch the ground.

my problem is not with the half moon pieces, it is the little arms that come off the rockshaft. one is pointed down while the other is pointed up but they should be both pointing in the same direction at any given height. example, Both should be pointing up if the mower is raised or both pointing down if the mower is lowered.

I am lucky because my deck stays level I just have no more adjustment room. I was hoping to have a document number I could reference when I talk to my dealer because my dealer is in farm country and they seem to work on mostly big tractors and combines.

/ This Mower Deck is The best John Deere can come up with #24  
jon
Turn the one arm to match the other..

And agree, the right front gauge wheel is just one notch (hole) to lower the wheel.

/ This Mower Deck is The best John Deere can come up with
Up Date After replacing the Lift Bolts all is well . checked the deck today 16 hours of mow time it is still level .