This site................

/ This site................ #1  

tungularafishcamp

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L2800, 1/2 of a L48
ROCKS!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Too windy today to put up any arches so got a chance to play a bit. Thanks to Bruce Ward, Keith in Space, n s78wingrider and their ideas I now have a tow hitch on the back hoe for pulling my kelp wagon. Also welded up a pitch fork for the fel so now 2 forks fills the trailer one more for the loader and I get 3 loads per trip now each much bigger than a bucket load.

Also ran across bxTex's bracket for the bucket ball hitch while searching this am. Think I can adapt that for my bh bucket pot boom. It is great having all the ideas, experience, and help on here to draw from!!!
Thanks Guys:D
Rick

/ This site................ #2  
Rick,

Is it too windy to post some pictures?

/ This site................
:laughing:
nope too dark. Wind is still shakin the cabin this am so will haul kelp today and take a couple of picts. Gotta warn you tho my stuff isnt pretty. Steel is from scraps from an abandonded cannery and won't get around to painting til things warm up next summer.
Rick

/ This site................ #4  
JMC hit the nail square on the head...don't matter what it looks like but whatcha got. ;)

Sorry JMC n Thomas,
Forgot the cardinal rule, no picts then didn't happen. Never was much of one for a camera, good thing I have a cell phone or I would never have a camera. Forgot one of towing loaded trailer next time.

Gonna have to go back to the drawing board on the hitch tho. It works fine for the light loads of kelp on the trailer but the step isn't strong enough for loads of rock. Was thinking about welding a 2" reciever to the under side of one of the stabilizer legs. That way the hitch would be totally out of the way when not needed, what do you think? Plus it would offset it a bit more so I could use the hoe to hook and unhook hitch and I could load rocks that way without unhooking trailer.
Rick

duh can only do one at a time and they take forever to upload sorry again,
Rick

Attachments

• 11162010028.jpg
    11162010028.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 11162010030.jpg
    11162010030.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 11162010029.jpg
    11162010029.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 245
   / This site................ #7  
Looks great, Rick. I especially like the tractor with the dual wheels all around. Is that for mud or sand or what? Also, what do you do with all that kelp?

Duals are for the sand, tractor would be worthless here without them. I put the kelp in the gardens, a 6' hi pile now will be a couple of inches in the spring, just turn it into the garden and don't ever need fertilizer and over the years it really builds nice dirt.
Rick

/ This site................ #9  
That's heck of setup you got there Rick.
Would that be over size bucket?

I guess you could do as such w/trailer hitch..your better driver than I.

/ This site................ #10  
Nice set of Forks.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here we gotta load the seaweed by hand. No machines allowed.