Those free standing metal framed carports...

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #11  
Grace Porta Carports in Hopkinsville Ky manufacturers these in my area. I don't know if they will sell individual parts but here's their # 270-886-7351.

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #12  
So I guess you are wanting to compete with a new product using their framework?

Keep in mind that these carports are installed for about material prices for the average handyman. They are able to to this so cheap because they manufacture most of the components in house and stuff like the fasteners they buy direct from China.

If you do have an idea for a product that uses their components then you will lose it immediately if it is a good one because they will add it to their product line.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check all those places out this coming week but looking on their sites I'm really not seeing exactly what I need. Check out the picture im attaching, these are the parts and the NAMEs of the parts I need. All these carports, name brands, etc, regardless of size are built exactly alike which leads me to believe theres a company(s) that stamp this stuff out by the millions and then sells it to retail companies, large and small, that make these carports and light duty buldings. Its this type company (the factory) or a distributor of the components that im trying to locate in the usa.

Like i was saying i can find numerous retail carport companies that sell them as total kits, either they can install or diy BUT i cant find one that will sell just the individual components nor will they divulge where they get their supplies from, which i can understand them not doing because they wouldnt want any more competition if they have anything to do with it.

So i want to go to the source of these components, even if I have to buy a truckload of parts and components. This is where im drawing a blank searching, cant find one supplier of components. Menards, home depot, lowes, some fence companies, etc. sell these kits but they are doing so on a retail basis, im looking for some wholesale prices for these things. Look at this pic in this post, these components are named this regardless of what retail kit or name brand you go with. Rafters, legs and baserails, they're just 12-14 gauge square tubes which i can find and of course can buy the R panels locally, but the "side bends" and "center bends" are what im finding tough to locate and all these pieces fit together like line posts on chain link fence, then you screw them together to form the unit.

Any ideas on these particular parts? Or on second thought i guess i could buy a bender and bend them myself.

/ Those free standing metal framed carports...
So I guess you are wanting to compete with a new product using their framework?

Keep in mind that these carports are installed for about material prices for the average handyman. They are able to to this so cheap because they manufacture most of the components in house and stuff like the fasteners they buy direct from China.

If you do have an idea for a product that uses their components then you will lose it immediately if it is a good one because they will add it to their product line.

Dont think you can say with "their" components since they all use the exact same components.

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #15  
OP... What are your exact intentions and maybe we can help further? Is this a one off or looking to play with the Chinese?

/ Those free standing metal framed carports...
OP... What are your exact intentions and maybe we can help further? Is this a one off or looking to play with the Chinese?

looking to build quite a few for my land and start a small business if i can find a reliable source and the price is right.

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #17  
   / Those free standing metal framed carports... #18  
I have a friend who had a business building commercial carports at apartment complexes. He had is material shipped in from China in coil form with a color coat. He leased a roll form machine to make the sheets and cut them to length. Even with those price breaks he couldn't make enough with the current price structures in place to make it worth his while. I suggest you go to Ennis and chase down John Payne. He sold Payne Fence to Beta Fence but the last I heard he was still part of management. He can not only hook you up with the suppliers but they have the capacity there to manufacture the components you want.

looking to build quite a few for my land and start a small business if i can find a reliable source and the price is right.

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #19  
There is a place I think is called Winslow's in Terrell Tx at I-20 and Wilson Road. I think they manufacture and stock what you are looking for.

/ Those free standing metal framed carports... #20