Those with CX2510's?

/ Those with CX2510's? #21  
The CX has what I believe is called live pto and to engage one must depress the left pedal to disengage a clutch and then shift the pto into gear whereas the Kubota has independent pto allowing you to engage "on the go". The CX setup works like a live pto but only because its a hydro transmission otherwise I say it works the same as my 40 yr old gear drive compact.

/ Those with CX2510's? #22  
+me as another indecisive CX2501 or CK2620SE Cab shopper. I am upgrading from a CS which I really like for clearing weedy trees and bushes while not beating up lawns around too badly, but want a cab so I can stay away from elements and poison ivy/thorny bushes. CX most logical and I already have right size attachments, but the CK20SE cabs certainly more capable, more standard features, and possibly allowing me to replace/sell off a NX which I mainly use as a rough terrain forklift.

I am curious which tractor is more appealing and may hold resale value better? A CX2501 Cab which may appeal to more homeowners with acreage, or a CK2620SE Cab which is more capable, but a little too big for non-farms and a little underpower for real farms. I lost very little on my CS over a year which makes my upgrading quiet reasonable, that is why I am curious about resale. Thanks for any input.

/ Those with CX2510's? #23  
Have you operated both? If you're not limited in physical space I don't see why you'd choose the CX.

/ Those with CX2510's? #24  
I have never bought into the resale value reasoning. I buy a piece of equipment to fit my needs and wants.
I purchased a CX2510 with a cab about two months ago. I love it so far, but I have very few hours on due to lack of snow up here.
When I purchased mine, the sales guy pushed me hard to go up to the CK series, but it was just too much tractor, plus it wouldn't fit in my garage (even though I have oversized doors). If I were to buy a CK though, I would buy the 35 hp version. I can't imagine the CK with a 26hp engine in it.

/ Those with CX2510's? #25  
I also don't buy into the resale thing for two reasons, I paid less at the onset so I realize I will likely get less at the end and I rarely get rid of anything till its pretty much used up. Still have the tractor I bought in 1983,

/ Those with CX2510's? #26  
I've been very satisfied with the CX2510 cab. Can a CK2620SE do more? It sure can, but that isn't the size of tractor I needed. I needed a CS2520, Kubota BX2680, or JD 1025R sub-compact size machine by the numbers. I really wanted a cab which would add cost to those purchases. I looked at bigger machines based on advice to always buy a size larger than you need. The CK was too tall for my garage door (had ag tires, R14 may have fit) and too wide (rear tires) for the wooded trails I'm maintaining. I've been on both machines and the CK does feel a larger all around. The CX was right in the middle and the very capable for cost with the most standard features in that class CX2510, B2601 (no factory cab), 2025R (no ac).

The CX has done great with 54" and 55" attachments. It has dug, moved many pallets, moved large rocks and cut tree sections with a grapple, been a wheelbarrow for buckets filled with sand and flagstone, leveled trails and sled lanes with a box blade. Rear tires are filled with rimguard. The power level between the CK and CX is the same for ground engaging or pto work. I'm always fine with low on the transmission for my use case. High is underpowered for both unless you turn up the up the fuel screw and advance injection timing to be similar to the old CK35 engine configuration. Its really just for moving around unloaded faster.

The CK was overkill for me too. The CX was a huge upgrade over the CS. Buy what fits your need and what you can accommodate at your property.

Last edited:
   / Those with CX2510's? #27  
I think the CK2610/CK2620 is a better deal for the money.

I bought the CX2510 because it fits in my garage, it fits in my barn and drives through my breezeways, and on my property I appreciate the maneuverability more.

The CX2510 has the same engine as big brother, and it only gives up 200-300 lbs in weight and lifting capacity.

The little CX2510 is an example of why dynamite only comes in a small package. It’s small but mighty.