Thought Ibought a 2014 Mahindra found to be 2013

/ Thought Ibought a 2014 Mahindra found to be 2013 #11  
I would be happy to have a 13 over a 14 (which I do) because of the additional emissions equipment. Start reading about the hassle of the regen for owners that don't use theirs all day. Runs rough, light comes on and then they have to force a regen but running the tractor for 30-45 minutes at an elevated idle. If you run it part time, ultimately the exhaust filter will not last as many hours as one run more efficiently (longer heat cycles). The cost of the emissions parts is high.

The only downsize is I would make sure you paid 13 prices because the 14's are more expensive because of that tier IV engine.

/ Thought Ibought a 2014 Mahindra found to be 2013 #12  
I ran into something similar when I purchased my Cub Cadet UTV. Bought it new off the showroom floor and later found it was a several year old model. Does it matter? I can't imagine that when selling/trading the year won't matter. I feel like I got screwed but learned a valuable lesson. I guess I don't understand why tractors and such don't have a title. Not having one would seem to make it soooooooooooo much easier to for thieves to resell.

/ Thought Ibought a 2014 Mahindra found to be 2013 #13  
I think you deserve an explanation from the dealer.

/ Thought Ibought a 2014 Mahindra found to be 2013 #14  
I bought a 2013 Model in January 2014, but I knew what I was getting. And my final price reflected a 2013 tractor, pretty good discount. I would be upset too. But the paper work you signed should have said what it was. I know mine did. I had a copy of the invoice before they ever delivered the tractor with the Serial # and all associated implement SN's before I ever signed upon delivery. You gotta be careful. Sales people will tell you anything. You deserve an explanation at least, but in the end, you signed for it.

/ Thought Ibought a 2014 Mahindra found to be 2013 #15  
I'm not defending it, but dealers seem to refer to tractors as the year it arrived on their lot, not the year it was manufactured. I suspect many/most dealers ordered a boatload of Tier III tractors near the end of 2013 to make them available well into 2014, so they're recently produced, not really leftovers. Without a title, they don't really have a "model year".

It would probably be best if dealers explained this to buyers, just so nobody gets surprised upon delivery. It could be as simple as:

"We ordered a bunch of new TIII machines a few months ago to take advantage of the lower cost (etc), so anything we have on the lot now will actually have been made in late 2013. Your warranty goes off the date of sale, not the date of manufacture, and the machine is the most current version prior to Tier IV standards"....or something along those lines.

/ Thought Ibought a 2014 Mahindra found to be 2013 #16  
At this point you could not sell me a 2014 with all the potential problems that are sure to happen, maybe a 2016 when they figure out how to set up a tractor that is not heavily used. I just bought a new 2012 for that reason after five years I would not be surprised if my 2012 is not worth more than a 2014.
Ron

/ Thought Ibought a 2014 Mahindra found to be 2013 #17  
If there are no real differences between 2013 and 2014 models, I'd be more concerned with the hours. As long as they are under 5, you have a new tractor.