Thoughts on a Case IH Farmall 60

/ Thoughts on a Case IH Farmall 60 #11  
Hi BP,
Just clicked up 750 hours, and have not had any trouble, did break a bolt on left side of FEL mount from being stupid, and the front tyres have worn badly from traveling on bitumen roads,
so at 750 hours i changed ALL the oils and filters and adjusted the tappets which were on the loose side but that can be expected. The 60B has been an outstanding little utility tractor, am buying another with a cab this time to add to the fleet.

I get filters through the NH dealer now WIX didnt have a cross reference either.

I have 120 hours up on mine. I was using it all day today with a small square baler attached.

I read in one post where a fellow owner had a power steering hose chafe on the loader frame. I checked mine and sure enough the power steering hose on mine has started to chafe as well. I have manufactured a tool box for mine and welded it to the loader frame similar to how they mount toolboxes on those green colored tractors. I also made up quick hitch hay forks and I have welded various mounting points on the bucket so that I can easily attach a chain.

I also made a lever outside at the rear behind the cab that attaches to the 3PL control so that I can adjust the 3PL externally when changing implements.

One more thing I will do is wire in another light in the dash, or a warning chime for when the hand brake is on. The steering wheel obscures the red hand brake light on the dash.

One thing I see regularly with Front Wheel Assist tractors, and it relates to the wear that you mentioned on the front tyres of yours?

The front tyres (when engaged) must rotate at the same speed as the rears. So the fronts will always be scrubbing especially if they are engaged on hard surfaces. This also puts unnecessary strain on the drive line, and I suggest not having the fronts engaged unless absolutely necessary, and certainly never with the bucket loaded if you have a FEL.

The only time I have my fronts engaged is for engine braking or for pulling up hill. Otherwise the fronts are never in. The machine handles better with the fronts out and I find I get more power to the PTO. Anyway..............these are solely my thoughts and indicative of how I use my tractor.

What I really would like to know is what size and type of clutch is in them? I can't find out anywhere other than they have a dry clutch.

Would you have any idea?

Best regards.

/ Thoughts on a Case IH Farmall 60 #12  
Hi BP,
Just clicked up 750 hours, and have not had any trouble, did break a bolt on left side of FEL mount from being stupid, and the front tyres have worn badly from traveling on bitumen roads,
so at 750 hours i changed ALL the oils and filters and adjusted the tappets which were on the loose side but that can be expected. The 60B has been an outstanding little utility tractor, am buying another with a cab this time to add to the fleet.

I get filters through the NH dealer now WIX didnt have a cross reference either.

Hi baileyana
Thanks for the great info on the trcactir after 750+hrs. Good to know they go well.
Do you know or have written down the NH part numbers for the filters? My closest Case IH rep is 200+ Kim痴 away but have an NH dealer 15 km away. Or or can they cross ref a farmall60b in the sCNH system?

Was doing the tappets a big job. Does the bonnet in raised position give Engi access to the rear valve set?
Many Thanks

/ Thoughts on a Case IH Farmall 60 #13  
Hi baileyana and others
Are you able to advise on what the function of the lever is in the attached 3PL?
The manual doesn稚 reference it written or in the controls layout diagram.
Many thanks in advance 65018A8D-6B4C-4DF9-8BA4-1946155AA1E5.jpeg