Buying Advice Thoughts on a Ford 1720 and chances of finding an FEL for it...

/ Thoughts on a Ford 1720 and chances of finding an FEL for it... #11  
   / Thoughts on a Ford 1720 and chances of finding an FEL for it... #12  
If you scrounge around you may find a larger unit with a loader. I got my mahindra 485 with loader and rotary cutter for $5,000. It weighs twice and has the twice the power of that sized ford.

I wouldn't look to add a loader to a tractor unless it was free. The brackets and mounts would need to be the right fit for the tractor. Hydraulic hoses are also expensive if you can't make them your self. Count on $100 a piece and if you score an old loader, chances are the hoses will be toast. Mine has atleast 8 hoses on it just for the loader

/ Thoughts on a Ford 1720 and chances of finding an FEL for it... #13  
Had 1984 Ford 1710 w aftermarket loader on it,Bush Hog 2240 QT. 2800 hrs on it when I traded it in 2015 for a new Kubota L 3901 w factory FEL. Didn't like the Ford for 2 reasons, have to get off the tractor every time to manually turn diverter valve to divert hydraulics from front end loader to (rear) to operate lift arms for 3 point hitch. If you don't do this all the hydraulic functions are affected,can't use both FEL and rear hydraulics at same time. You say you are retiring, you will hate getting on and off this tractor because you will have to lift ur leg and throw it over the center of the trans levers way to many times. I inherited the tractor and used it for 10 years,almost killed my left knee getting on and off so many times. Do yourself a favor and buy a later model tractor with a " flat" operators platform and a factory FEL. My wife is able to use the Kubota. Good luck to all on your projects.

/ Thoughts on a Ford 1720 and chances of finding an FEL for it... #14  
Had 1984 Ford 1710 w aftermarket loader on it,Bush Hog 2240 QT. 2800 hrs on it when I traded it in 2015 for a new Kubota L 3901 w factory FEL. Didn't like the Ford for 2 reasons, have to get off the tractor every time to manually turn diverter valve to divert hydraulics from front end loader to (rear) to operate lift arms for 3 point hitch. If you don't do this all the hydraulic functions are affected,can't use both FEL and rear hydraulics at same time. You say you are retiring, you will hate getting on and off this tractor because you will have to lift ur leg and throw it over the center of the trans levers way to many times. I inherited the tractor and used it for 10 years,almost killed my left knee getting on and off so many times. Do yourself a favor and buy a later model tractor with a " flat" operators platform and a factory FEL. My wife is able to use the Kubota. Good luck to all on your projects.

I think you may be conflating Ford 10 series tractor issues with 20 series, and especially shuttle shift.
Though both built by Shibaura, they are quite different tractors.