Thoughts on attachments for B2650

/ Thoughts on attachments for B2650 #1  

Trailfarmer

Tractor
Kubota DT245
Looking for rear blade, rake, grader box, and a quick attach 3 point hitch for B2650 for trail work, drive grading, general property work.

I do tend to be somewhat rough on equipment.

Depending upon cost I may get all at once or as I need them.

Was thinking I'd use Land Pride but looked at Everything Attachments website and wondered about their product.

I know some folks don't care for County Line\King Kutter equipment but I used mine very hard for several years before it became pretty beat up.

I have a Land Pride dealer down the road but don't care much for them, next closest is 50 miles away. EA stuff would be shipped to me.

Would appreciate thoughts regarding either brand or another alternative for the blade, rake, grader box and ideas on 3 pt quick attach too.

/ Thoughts on attachments for B2650 #2  
As you admit to being rough on equipment, why are you contemplating a 1,700 pound B2650 for ground contact work?

Consider a 2,600 pound L2501. The additional 900 pounds of steel will keep your tractor out of the Kubota or welding shop longer for not much more money.

I have both Land Pride and ETA equipment. More ETA. Apples-to-apples I consider them equal. For many, 0% financing on tractor + implement packages from Kubota closes the deal in favor of Land Pride.

Kubota is considerably behind production at present, due to the early arrival of Spring. You may have to wait 60-75 days for a tractor.

"Looking for rear blade, rake, grader box, and a quick attach 3 point hitch for trail work, drive grading, general property work."
Purchase a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment first. You MAY be able to accomplish your tasks with just a Ratchet Rake.
VIDEO: ratchet rake - YouTube

Last edited:
   / Thoughts on attachments for B2650
Jeff9366: Fair question on tractor choice. Had a DT245 for 20 years and it was a great tractor, but alas, no FEL and it was 35 years old. Almost purchased a L2501 last summer when guy nearby had 2015 B2650 with 20 hours for sale for about 4K less than what Barlows would sell the 2501 for. Different tractors, I know, but 4k is a lot to me. Saw several very positive posts on B2650 on TBN so I thought it would suit my needs. After 25 hours I think it is a very nice tractor but, for me, not a great tractor. With Spring coming I'm considering selling the B and looking at a L2501. If I go that route my wife will NOT be pleased...

Thanks for tip on ratchet rake, I had forgotten about those. I actually have the tow behind unit I use with lawn tractor and it works pretty well for a lot of uses.

/ Thoughts on attachments for B2650 #4  
Revise your TBN profile to show your B2650. The tractor you operate is relevant to every post you author.

The 'B's, generally speaking, use 48" implements, the L2501 60" implements. It is easy to sell a used tractor. Selling used implements, one-by-one, is a pain.

I would "make due" with a Ratchet Rake. It is a different tool mount on FEL bucket, where you have articulation.

Last edited:
   / Thoughts on attachments for B2650 #5  
Bought an Everything Attachments 6 way rear blade (5 ft.) for my B26TLB. They make a well built blade at a good price. I use mine primarily for road maintenance and trail work and have found the adjustments available in a 6 way blade to be handy and worth the extra cost. Definitely get the 5 ft blade, you've got the tractor to pull it and 4 ft. is to narrow for routine driveway work particularly when dragging the blade at an angle.