Thoughts on new Ventrac 4520?

/ Thoughts on new Ventrac 4520? #21  
I'll bet anything you want to bet you can't lift a full bucket of bank dirt without using the weight transfer...... I've run equipment for too long and operated for over 50 years to not know how to get the most out of a machine.... Jim

Why would I try without weight transfer? That's what it is there for.

If you know how to get the most out of a machine, then you know that to get the most lifting capacity with the power bucket, you use weight transfer.

From the owners manual: "If the power bucket is used on a power unit equipped with weight transfer, increasing the weight transfer setting on the power unit will increase the lifting capacity of the power bucket."

/ Thoughts on new Ventrac 4520? #22  
BTW the older bucket before the power bucket would out dig it. now you tell ne you can dig original dirt and heap it up in one pass, not out of a pile...... Jim

/ Thoughts on new Ventrac 4520? #23  
I don't know about that "original dirt". Around here most of the undisturbed soil is clay and shale and is tough to dig with most anything. Sandy loam would be EZ-Peazy. Muck is easy to dig, hard to lift by the bucket full. I notice the recent storm dropped some tree bowes onto the upper field, if I hook-up the power bucket and grapple to move them, I may try to fill the bucket out of a bank. Seems that getting enough traction to work the bucket into undisturbed tough soil might be the limiting factor. If I need to dig much, I rent an excavator.

prs

/ Thoughts on new Ventrac 4520? #24  
Best to rent an excavator, I prefer to run the old 5230's. They get it done fast..... 25 yards a pass..... lol... Jim

/ Thoughts on new Ventrac 4520?
Update…the wait for the 4500Z continued. No dual wheel kit (tires not available), backordered front aux and 12V kits, roller kit for aerovator. In the meantime, 4520Z showed up at dealer...that was back in January. Since I have no use for it until spring, decided to go with 4520z. Everything for it has been at the dealer since then with the exception of the front aux hyd and 12V kirs. Got word from the dealer earlier this week that everything has arrived. Dealer is installing options now and i should take delivery next week. Wait is over. Just in time for spring work.

/ Thoughts on new Ventrac 4520? #26  
Update…the wait for the 4500Z continued. No dual wheel kit (tires not available), backordered front aux and 12V kits, roller kit for aerovator. In the meantime, 4520Z showed up at dealer...that was back in January. Since I have no use for it until spring, decided to go with 4520z. Everything for it has been at the dealer since then with the exception of the front aux hyd and 12V kirs. Got word from the dealer earlier this week that everything has arrived. Dealer is installing options now and i should take delivery next week. Wait is over. Just in time for spring work.
Can I ask how much? Just so people can compare. Those are nice looking machines. The price is what stops me. I am sure they are worth it. We'll need pics when you get it of course. Congrats.

Larry

Can I ask how much? Just so people can compare. Those are nice looking machines. The price is what stops me. I am sure they are worth it. We'll need pics when you get it of course. Congrats.

Larry
Yeah, I‘ll do that once I get the final/final. Dealer has offered to kind to me on the upgrade since the wait was so long. I had locked a price in on the 4500z before the price increase prior to 4520 intro…plus old pricing on all the attachments he had in stock. Once i get final numbers, i’ll be glad to share.

Dealer delivered it a few weeks ago, the day before we left on vacation. Still waiting to do some real work with it. Used it to pull my 1000 lb lawn roller a couple days ago. Gave me an opportunity to get familiar with the controls and the feel of it. Plan on putting the tough cut on and cleaning up around the property this week.

Attachments

• 1A052339-F1D7-4433-8BD6-C7DA6154E9DF.jpeg
    1A052339-F1D7-4433-8BD6-C7DA6154E9DF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 164
  • E66E94DA-EF81-44E2-BA59-8B637EB4E31B.jpeg
    E66E94DA-EF81-44E2-BA59-8B637EB4E31B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 157
   / Thoughts on new Ventrac 4520? #29  
Dealer delivered it a few weeks ago, the day before we left on vacation. Still waiting to do some real work with it. Used it to pull my 1000 lb lawn roller a couple days ago. Gave me an opportunity to get familiar with the controls and the feel of it. Plan on putting the tough cut on and cleaning up around the property this week.
Very nice, congrats! Keep us posted

/ Thoughts on new Ventrac 4520? #30  
I've been drooling for a Ventrac 4500 / 4520 for awhile.
Next equipment purchase hopefully