Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652

/ Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652 #11  
I would go with the Kubota because of HST+.

/ Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652 #12  
Was thinking of trying to put one in when I change the trans fluid, not sure how hard it would be but I think it would be about a $400 investment + fluid/filter and providing I don't screw anything up :) Would get quite costly then of course. ;(

I think that the cabbed GL40s have the gears in place but the open station larger GL40s need to be split to install a gear for the PTO to mesh against.

/ Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652 #13  
Looks Like all the replies are from Kubota owners.......so here goes. IMO a better comparison for the 5740 would be the MF 1660, but anyway here goes. Two things I look at when comparing in tractors it #1 PTO hp (who cares about engine hp) and hydraulics. Comparing the two models the larger Kubota wins out on PTO horsepower handsomely. However the MF hydraulics put the Kubota to shame.

I will boldly say that MF has the strongest hydraulics of any tractor out there, bar none. Just make sure you weigh all the specifications equally. I think the dealer can probably come off that MF another $1500 IMO.

/ Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652 #14  
I think that the cabbed GL40s have the gears in place but the open station larger GL40s need to be split to install a gear for the PTO to mesh against.

I'm sure the least cost effective situation will be what I find.

/ Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652 #15  
Looks Like all the replies are from Kubota owners.......so here goes. IMO a better comparison for the 5740 would be the MF 1660, but anyway here goes. Two things I look at when comparing in tractors it #1 PTO hp (who cares about engine hp) and hydraulics. Comparing the two models the larger Kubota wins out on PTO horsepower handsomely. However the MF hydraulics put the Kubota to shame.

I will boldly say that MF has the strongest hydraulics of any tractor out there, bar none. Just make sure you weigh all the specifications equally. I think the dealer can probably come off that MF another $1500 IMO.

The Kubota has a pretty good hydraulic system too.

3PH @ ball ends 3PH @ 24" Loader @ pivot to full height Loader @ 500mm forward to max height Breakout force

Massey 1660 3748 ???????? 2527lbs 1803lbs 2307lbs @ bucket edge

Kubota L5740 3880lbs 2976lbs 2489lbs 1878lbs 3267lbs @ 500mm

/ Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652 #16  
True but I usually account for flow too since its a good measure of performance.

Total Pump Flow (gpm)
19.6 14.7
Optional Pump Flow (gpm)
N/A N/A
Rated Flow @ One SCV (gpm)
N/A 9.8
Max Output @ SCV Couplers (gpm)
12.8 9.8

Either way

/ Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652 #17  
True but I usually account for flow too since its a good measure of performance.

Yes and no. As long as you have adaqute flow for your implement all the extra is just pumped unnecessarily. Its a much bigger deal in a skid loader where you use hydraulic motors and stuff on your attachments.

/ Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652 #18  
Don't disagree.

However If I am buying I want to consider ALL the limitations and capabilities. That is what this thread is about.

You never know what you need, until you need it. He may never know it when using the FEL, but if he needs to run a log splitter or grain auger it may make a difference.

/ Thoughts on pricing L5740 vs MF 1652 #19  
Don't disagree.

However If I am buying I want to consider ALL the limitations and capabilities. That is what this thread is about.

You never know what you need, until you need it. He may never know it when using the FEL, but if he needs to run a log splitter or grain auger it may make a difference.