Thoughts/ opinions on going with Yanmar or Branson

/ Thoughts/ opinions on going with Yanmar or Branson #1  

cmkh3

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 322
So I have narrowed the field down to two tractors. The Yanmar 424XH TLB or the Branson 2400H TLB both with 3pt and r4's. I will outfit either with a box scraper and a grapple/rake bucket. The Yanmar is $6k more than the Branson (John Deere is $4k more so, no go). So any thoughts?
Thanks
Chris

/ Thoughts/ opinions on going with Yanmar or Branson #2  
I bought my Branson in 2006, a 3820i, and I use my tractor. It is not a showpiece or status symbol. I have not had one problem to date and I would recommend Branson to anyone. They are built well, very heavy duty, compared to many other tractors I have seen. You are lucky to have some good dealers out that way. Yanmar is known for their good engines, but I feel they are not built as heavy duty, and the Branson has the equally good Cummins diesel. I put my checkmark in the Branson box.

/ Thoughts/ opinions on going with Yanmar or Branson #3  
150 hrs on my 2400H and I would recommend them. Not sure if the newer FEL has a the quick tach option or not but my 2012 does not. If yours comes with the block heater double check how the power cord is wound up and routed. They had problems with a few of these were the cord was wrapped so tight it kinked the wires and caused the cords to fail. Simple fix was to cut the wire tires and rewrap / route the cord in a larger coil.

/ Thoughts/ opinions on going with Yanmar or Branson #4  
I have had my Yanmar for about 1 1/2 years now and 100 hours. Great tractor with no issues to date. I would recommend Yanmar with no questions asked. However i would not pay 6k more. Not sure about the specs on the Branson. As long as both machines have similar specs. I would pick the Branson for 6k less.
Are those the dealers best prices? Is one dealer having a special promo that the other is not? For example free loader or something. Have fun shopping.

/ Thoughts/ opinions on going with Yanmar or Branson
Yes the Branson offers a free loader if you go with market rate financing. Right now with Yanmar nothing is free except the financing, well sort of. 0 percent but you lose discounts. But not $6k worth. Seeing as we will be moving into our house within a month and a month after that I plan to pay off the tractor the 0 percent financing has no benefit.
Thanks
Chris