Thread locking?

/ Thread locking? #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
After seeing some 8 and 9 year old threads pop to the top again..
I was wondering if there is a way the system can be modified so that the original poster can close a thread?

IE I ask about a box blade, and get all my answers and make my purchase.
then I close the thread. so that 6 months, a year later, or 8 years later advice is not added to it and it pops to the top...

Whatcha think?

Muhammed?

Thanks,
J

/ Thread locking? #2  
What if someone wants to ask you how the thing is working out for you?

How about they want to thank you for the advice?

;)

/ Thread locking?
good point...

I was thinking about one I read yesterday where the OP was asking advice on a Box Blade..
someone added advice.. and then the OP chimed in and said he waited a long time to buy...
then I looked at the dates..

and got a chuckle...

j

/ Thread locking? #4  
It's some of the Historical threads that have helped me. So with that said I believe it OK as is.

/ Thread locking? #5  
They already can just do something that is not in the rules. and it gets closed.
But seriously, I agree but don't see any way around it.lots of people like to get updates.
I think what makes them long and off subject , is that by nature they get sidetracked.Ive seen many discussions that have grown out of a seemingly simple question

/ Thread locking? #7  
I just would like to see thread start date along side the the originator.
I dint think that would be hard (of course I don't program).

The other thing I think would be neat is up in the last 24 hours or last visit one that would be suscribed threads in the last 24 hrs.
I usually cruse trow the forum looking for them first than go back to surf the last 24 hrs.

tom

/ Thread locking? #8  
I just would like to see thread start date along side the the originator.
I dint think that would be hard (of course I don't program).

The other thing I think would be neat is up in the last 24 hours or last visit one that would be suscribed threads in the last 24 hrs.
I usually cruse trow the forum looking for them first than go back to surf the last 24 hrs.

tom

I'm not sure about all the display options you can select from "My Home" but the way I have mine set, the date and time a message was posted is right above the poster's name, so if I go to the first post in the thread, it clearly shows when it was started.

I don't understand your second paragraph. The last "24 Hours" is always available, but what I use almost exclusively is the "Since My Last Visit". Of course, I get an e-mail notice on all the replies to subscribed threads.