Three children, one adult dead in farm tractor crash in York County, PA.

/ Three children, one adult dead in farm tractor crash in York County, PA. #51  
I am saying CPS should not be involved. Nothing more than that. I would not ride a child on a mower while mowing but did let my boys sit in my lap to learn how to operate the mower and tractors. My dad did the same with me in the crop duster, tractor and mower. Never came close to having an accident although yes it could happen. But they also were more likely to be injured riding in the car going somewhere because of all the uncontrollable things happing on the roads.

By the way I learn to take the crop duster off and land it in his lap. He worked the rudders but taught me how to fly. I am thankful for those times.

/ Three children, one adult dead in farm tractor crash in York County, PA. #52  
You can teach a child to ride a bicycle carefully, there's no safe way to carry a child on a riding lawnmower. Riding a bicycle is one of the necessary means of transportation in many areas, especially for people without a drivers license. Driving a lawnmower is not.
I can run behind my grandkid and hold the seat on a bicycle. Not a good idea to teach tractors the same way.